PDA

View Full Version : New Model coming soon

NCGent
June 19th, 2009, 17:26
Hey Folks

Now that I feel human again I have gotten back to work on two models I have going and thought I would give a little sneak peek at one of them.
It's the HS-123 and I hope to have four variations of it.
Still have a ways to go on it but I think within a month I should have it ready.:running:

Cheers
Chris

Quicksand
June 19th, 2009, 17:47
Great news, Chris! Glad to hear you are doing well, my friend.:applause:

OBIO
June 19th, 2009, 18:07
Chris,

Glad to know that you are feeling better and that the surgery did what it was intended to do.

I am looking forward to the HS123. I did a pretty extenive update tweak to the older Alpha Sim freeware HS123 for CFS2 and love flying that plane. I think I still have the profiles saved from when I did the paints for it, so will be applying them to your model.

OBIO

NCGent
July 2nd, 2009, 09:19
Hey Folks

The HS-123 is coming along nicely and should be ready for testing soon and hopefully in it's finished state shortly after that.

Here's a little sneak peek ....

Chris:gameon:

delta_lima
July 2nd, 2009, 10:56
"Henshel's earliest foray into jet-powered biplanes, understandably, was met with cool reception from the Luftwaffe ...":kilroy:

All joking aside - it looks superb. There'll be no shortage of repaints possible - Luftwaffe (pre-war, early Western Front, Eastern Front, Balkans), Nationalist-side Spanish, and China. Yes, apparently, a squadron was used in the Sino Japanese war.

This should be a delightful little model!

Regards,

dl

NCGent
July 11th, 2009, 12:04
Hey folks

The HS-123 is set for flight testing by some new eyes in the next day or so and hopefully
will be on Razbam and topflight shortly thereafter. This package will have 3 models ( still working on the other two paints so they all 3 have the same clothes on at this time) ...well, pictures speak a thousand words so I'll shut up and show the pic's.

Cheers
Chris

OBIO
July 11th, 2009, 12:12
:applause::applause:

The HS123 is one of my favorite German aircraft. I have been flying the old Alpha Sim version in CFS2 and FS9 quite a bit. I think I still have all the profiles that I dug up when I was doing the updates for the AS version...I see some paint slinging in the near future.

OBIO

Cees Donker
July 11th, 2009, 12:39
That looks great!

:applause::applause::applause:

Cees

NCGent
July 13th, 2009, 12:59
Thanks Fellas

Just finished some new dresses for these ladies and they seem to like them, guess now they'll want some new hand bags:icon_lol:.

Question for anyone who knows, how can you make bombs drop in FS9?

delta_lima
July 13th, 2009, 15:51
Hello NC,

I've seen ejection seats, drop tanks, droppable wingtip pogos (as in Lockheed U-2). Modelling experts will want to chime in, but this has been (somewhat) done.

For example, Bruce Thorson's Hawk 81 has droppable tanks. Alphasim's Fairey Swordfish had an example of a droppable torpedo. It's usually slaved to an "toggle-lable" animiation key (often spoiler key), or in some cases, hard-coded into a gauge or clickable part of the VC (which I believe is how the Hawk does it).

Sorry - can't help with the details - but I like the trajectory you're taking ... :icon_lol:

dl

NCGent
July 14th, 2009, 08:41
The HS-123's have their own clothes now and are going out to testers today. Just another update pic, hope I'm not boring anyone.:wavey:

Chris

Matt Wynn
July 14th, 2009, 10:29
Boring anyone? how could you do that with these beauties! great work, keep it up :ernae:

OBIO
July 14th, 2009, 18:13
I am one of the people Chris sent the HS-123 to for testing....and all I can say is that this plane simply would not stay in the air. Why? Because I was so busy looking at all the detail Chris added to the VC cockpit that I forgot to fly the plane. From seeing Chris's earlier VCs, I can honesty state that his mastery of the art of modeling has improved greatly....and the VC in this plane clearly shows that improved mastery. You won't find a ton of clickable switches, a ton of electronic gizmos...and that is how is should be. The HS-123 was not a technologically advanced aircraft and did not come equipped with Garmin 1000 systems, did not have auto-pilot or navigational computers...and Chris has kept the VC simple in that regard, but he modeled a lot of detail into that simple.

External modeling is very nice as well. Heck, Chris even got the shape of the airelons on the upper wings spot on. The fuselage and wings are superbly smooth without any of the dark areas from poly smoothing.

The texture mapping on this plane is superb. I have not begun any repaints YET, but I have looked at the texture files and Chris did a great job of laying out the files. The parts are mapped in a nice size to allow for a lot of detail to be added to the paints. Having seen enough texture files during my short skinning career, I know the agony of trying to add details to a plane when the fuselage and wing areas are mapped at a rediculously small scale. This plane will be a repainters DREAM!

OBIO

Oh, wait until you guys see the detailing Chris put into the exposed parts of the guns. Best looking guns I have seen on ANY aircraft.

NCGent
July 15th, 2009, 10:19
Thanks for the compliments on the new model Tim, working on some changes and improvements now. :running: