PDA

View Full Version : New Forum for Solomons/PTO and Korea

O-1Driver
June 19th, 2009, 06:11
I sent a PM to Henry and Gramps about the Solomons Team setting up a Forum off SOH for Solomons/PTO and maybe Korea as well. The new forum will become active 7/01/2009.The current CFS3 forum is heavily weighted towards the European Theatre and Solomons and Korea really need their own forum to flourish.

One big reason for this is that a major update is in the works for Solomons with some huge new improvements. Beyond that I will let Bob Park who has been MIA lately( and shame on all of us for not missing him ) tell you the rest when he is ready.

We would also like to move the PTO Downloads over to the Aussie Server from Korean Skies, to improve speed and lessen the load on the SOH server because when this next PTO update comes out it will be like the Oklahoma Land Rush! We don't want to crash the SOH server again like last time with ETO.

Our first choice for the new forum would be here on SOH but understand that might not be possible.

CFS 3 is alive and well and simply getting better every day.
(Keep the Faith Baby)

Best Regards,

O-1

WV-903
June 19th, 2009, 14:42
:bump:

Brilliant stuff 01,
Like to say thanks for all this. I've been wanting to run on-line Combat games in these disciplines, I know the guys will love the Korean Theatre and the P-40's and Zero's in the Solomans.

The Korean Skies suffers from excessive frame rates drop ( Online Games ) when too many jets get in, but if they are kept to say, 2 -3 then the other propeller jobs are great to fly on-line combat and the scenery is different again,--- great !!

I love blasting around the Solomons Islands, There is a problem on most of the Islands that as soon as you taxi off the runway, you are up to your armpits in water, so is the Aircraft. But that apart, --briliant again.

The jeep flies you know, yes! great novelty value, even the gun works but I've not tried it against the Zero's --LOL. Landing is messy and a take -off attempt jams up the screen. :bump:

It's got a good roll rate too. :ernae:

Cheers M8 ,
Bill T.

O-1Driver
June 19th, 2009, 18:10
Thanks Bill,

One of the things we will be doing is upgrading a lot of the PTO aircraft with new flares and improving the loadouts to historical specs.

PTO will be set up for some serious night action in the update. The PTO Avenger will be much improved. It is one of my favorites, here is a video I have enjoyed of that aircraft.

http://military.discovery.com/videos/worlds-deadliest-aircraft-shorts-tbf-avenger.html

Regards,

Steve

Talon
June 20th, 2009, 10:48
There will be some missions for the RNZAF also while from 1943.

I'm working on a few mission sets for the update.I'm excited about the developments going on and there will more immersion factions in PTO.

Talon

Murray Cod
June 21st, 2009, 04:05
Great news O-1:applause: