PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 not installed?

pointy31
June 18th, 2009, 12:35
Today I purchased the Carenado 172 floatplane. After downloading, I went to the downloads file, clicked on the new file, and the auto-installer popped up. When I clicked on "RUN". I got a message saying FS2004 not installed...I'e had it installed on this computer since last November, flyng in FS9 almost every day. Seems the auto-installer cannot find the FS9 folder. I sent a note to Carenado but haven't heard back from them. Has anyone experienced this? I have purchased many other Carenado products, never had this happen. Any ideas?...:isadizzy:

Tim-HH
June 18th, 2009, 12:45
Hi,

the Flight1 FS9 Registry Repair Tool ('http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe') should solve your problem :)

Greetings
Tim

Dangerousdave26
June 18th, 2009, 13:12
That should do it

What has happened is the path in the registry is not defined correctly and when the installer goes to fine the fs9.exe file it can not find it.

Simply find out where it is pointing to and manually correct it to the right path.

pointy31
June 18th, 2009, 13:14
Thanks Tim, I tried, but nothing happened, I'm not familiar with the program...:isadizzy:

I know how to do that, but it doesn't give me the option to choose the directory path...

pointy31
June 18th, 2009, 13:34
This is what I get...

Tim-HH
June 18th, 2009, 13:49
I know how to do that, but it doesn't give me the option to choose the directory path...

The tool is very easy to use :) Just double click on the FS_Registry_Repair.exe. Now push the 'Repair FS9 Registry Path' button...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/Tim-HH/f1rrt.jpg

...and browse to the location of your FS9.exe:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/Tim-HH/f1rrt2.jpg

That's it! :)

Greetings
Tim

pointy31
June 18th, 2009, 13:53
OK, lemme try ...thanks again

pointy31
June 18th, 2009, 14:21
Ok Tim, I stumbled, bumbled, but got it in spite of myself...thanks to you...:icon29:

I have never had that happen before, guess theres always a first time...

Thanks again for your assistance...

Tim-HH
June 18th, 2009, 14:28
You are welcome! :ernae:

Greetings
Tim

Lionheart
June 18th, 2009, 20:57
This is good to know.. I have heard of people having issues with my installers now and then and they are supposed to locate the FS installation. I didnt know that registries could be corrupted.

Bill

modelr
June 19th, 2009, 03:22
This is good to know.. I have heard of people having issues with my installers now and then and they are supposed to locate the FS installation. I didnt know that registries could be corrupted.

Bill

Oh yeh, they can. And sometimes, even this isn't enough. Sometimes, especially with FSD stuff, you end up having to redownload the installer, or even copy the FS9.exe from the cd, because the installer wants a totally clean exe. Can get very frustrating, sometimes.

brad kaste
June 19th, 2009, 06:15
Hi,

the Flight1 FS9 Registry Repair Tool (http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe) should solve your problem :)

Greetings
Tim

Tim,...quick question: Does it make sense to run this registry repair tool every so often,.....just to keep FS9 running smoothly? Sometimes,..usually within 10 minutes or so,....the game will crash abruptly. I don't know if it's a game or computer glitch.
-Brad

Tako_Kichi
June 19th, 2009, 07:14
The usual cause of a corrupt registry for FS9/X is if you install to one location and then later decide to move it to a different drive/partition/folder. The registry items (which are used by installers to find the location of the FS9/X software) continue to point to the original location and thus throw up a 'software not installed' error when they try to access that location and find the cupboard is bare!

The FS9/X registry utilities (and there are several out there) either create new registry entries or modify the existing ones so that they point to the new location. Once the registry has been updated the installers are happy again as they can find where they are supposed to install to.

Occasionally the registry items can get deleted by over enthusiastic registry 'cleaners' that tend to throw the baby out with the bathwater leaving you with the same problem, installers that can't find where they are supposed to install to as the registry pointer is missing.