PDA

View Full Version : Dino's F14 (Again!)

dougal
June 18th, 2009, 07:14
Hello!

I know Dino's new F14 for FSX is in the pipeline, but in the meantime, is there a way of using his FS9 version in FSX?

I've tried installing it to FSX but get nothing showing in the menu.

Thanks

BOOM
June 18th, 2009, 07:18
I think it's almost ready!! Check it out............
http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

f-18hornet
June 18th, 2009, 10:12
Isn't the release date planned for this week yet?:ernae:

Rezabrya
June 18th, 2009, 10:24
He said hopefully before the weekend on his site so most likely.

peter12213
June 20th, 2009, 16:10
well he lied loool!!

BananaBob
June 20th, 2009, 16:43
well he lied loool!!

When you do things from the goodness of your heart, you are allowed to take your time. :engel016:

Roger
June 20th, 2009, 17:00
When you do things from the goodness of your heart, you are allowed to take your time. :engel016:

"Lied" is best applied to corrupt politicians or bankers etc. Not a nice word to apply to a freeware developer of the highest order, whose only crime is to empathise with his devoted followers (most of us, lol), to give us what we want...now!

pointy31
June 20th, 2009, 17:28
Maybe tomorrow!.....:ernae:

Rezabrya
June 20th, 2009, 17:38
The weekend isn't over yet guys!

Navy Chief
June 20th, 2009, 18:07
Soon? Sorry, couldn't resist!

NC

pointy31
June 20th, 2009, 18:35
Wouldnt it be a nice gift for Fathers Day?...:icon29:

wilycoyote4
June 20th, 2009, 20:09

Well written words !!!

When I read Dino's website, I think a release is possible, perhaps this very weekend, but I think he means either a "beta 3" or a "release candidate" intended for testers.

Public release version 1.0 is to follow in the fullness of time. And after that there may be updates such as has been the case of his T-45C Goshawk, now version 1.85.

He is quite open about his projects and several people have joined his efforts to solve problems. Give some time. Your impatience is nothing compared to the hundreds of hours needed to create such freeware.

peter12213
June 20th, 2009, 21:30
yeah it was the before weekend bit I mean't when I said he lied which he technically did! like so yeah take ya time mate if ya goshawk was anything to go by you will need it! I keep forgetting the rest of the world works behind us lol!!

gajit
June 20th, 2009, 22:56
yeah it was the before weekend bit I mean't when I said he lied which he technically did! like so yeah take ya time mate if ya goshawk was anything to go by you will need it! I keep forgetting the rest of the world works behind us lol!!

If you dont want it because it was not ready - dont have it.

hey_moe
June 20th, 2009, 23:36
Well not taking sides here or anything but Dino's work for the FS community has been a total asset to all who fly. His jets are the best I have seen and he never ask a penny for his hard work and time he has donated for free. It really doesn't matter how long it takes him to release his planes, every one he has released has been well worth the wait....Mike

gajit
June 21st, 2009, 03:05
Well said :applause::applause::applause:

Daube
June 21st, 2009, 04:48
"Lied" is best applied to corrupt politicians or bankers etc. Not a nice word to apply to a freeware developer of the highest order, whose only crime is to empathise with his devoted followers (most of us, lol), to give us what we want...now!

I think the sentence from Peter should not be taken to first degree.
In my region, we sometimes, for humour reasons, use 'I lied' instead of 'I said a mistake' or 'I was wrong'. Just for fun, as strange as it sounds. ;)

wilycoyote4
June 21st, 2009, 10:05
I think the sentence from Peter should not be taken to first degree.
In my region, we sometimes, for humour reasons, use 'I lied' instead of 'I said a mistake' or 'I was wrong'. Just for fun, as strange as it sounds. ;)

I took his words as humor. My words "Your impatience" may seem directed at one person but should mean anyone wishing to have this Tomcat as soon as possible. Release will happen in due time and this thread is not necessary.