PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Terrain and RAM?

LTCSZ
June 17th, 2009, 13:50
How big of a hit does Ultimate Terrain take on RAM? Thinking of buying it, but am concerned it will eat up too much RAM...Thanks,

Steve

blazefox2
June 17th, 2009, 13:52
i have utx usa and i must say it barely if at all affects my ram usage and in some cases i can actually get better fps with utx

Kiwikat
June 17th, 2009, 13:53
It may increase FSX's useage somewhat depending on what settings you've chosen. I don't believe it is considerable though.

How much ram do you have installed?

Naismith
June 17th, 2009, 20:21
Can't say I ever noticed a difference. Oh wait I did .......... the quality of FSX just went way up.

heywooood
June 17th, 2009, 20:41
I dropped UTX and use GEX for my scenery textures...those shorelines were really no improvement even tweaked to what I thought was optimum - and UTX is a tree cutter - no thanks - I actually like lots of trees in FSX...

and UTX put houses and neighborhoods everywhere...right up to the perimiter fences and thresholds of every little field and strip I liked to use most.

GEX is much easier on the eyes and with all the updates and so on..the night lighting is vastly improved over UTX in my opinion :kilroy:

BananaBob
June 17th, 2009, 20:54
I was having RAM problems with running just 3 Gigs of DDR3 RAM but they were running at 1400 so I bumped them up to their speed of 1800 and the problems went away, at least for now, LOL :ernae:

lucas81
June 17th, 2009, 22:22
If you have mid-range system like I do have (e8200, 4gb ram, gf8800 gt), the UTX can affect the loading process and the fps. It happens to me in the UTX Europe over some big cities. But you can always run the configurator and turn some roads and traffic off. I do like this and it helps.