PDA

View Full Version : A question about military static aircraft

Navy Chief
June 17th, 2009, 05:34
Is there a site to download USN static aircraft? Occasionally I see objects such as a USAF Phantom recently, but any USN?

NC

Kevin_Jarvis
June 17th, 2009, 06:00
I guess the answer depends on what you're looking for exactly.
I prefer to use AI aircraft in place of static scenery models. AI models will give you, well, me at least, better frame rate performance. But then again I'm using FS9.

The premiere site for military AI is www.militaryaiworks.com (http://www.militaryaiworks.com)
I am on the beta testing team and I can tell you the work by the team is excellent.

MAIW has recently released an AI F18. The venerable F14 was released sometime ago but is still available.

While the packages are built for FS9, they will work in FSX.

In order to make the AI appear static all you need to do is write a flightplan which has them flying at night, or whatever time you DON'T fly. Then they will always be sitting on the pad waiting for you to enjoy them.

I should also mention that you can plan flyable aircraft to be used as AI. But more than a handful of them on the ramp might slow down your sim.

KJ

Navy Chief
June 17th, 2009, 07:33
In order to make the AI appear static all you need to do is write a flightplan which has them flying at night, KJ

Thanks! I was with you until you mentioned "writing a flightplan" for the AI aircraft. I have been involved with flightsimming since about 2003, and have NEVER been able to understand how to work with AI flight plans, no matter how many tutorials I have read. I finally just gave up trying!!!

NC

gera
June 17th, 2009, 07:37
Hey Kevin, what program would you recommend to do what you say about placing AI aircraft as static ones. I have been wanting to do this on some of my airfields but really I have had only deceptions with some of the AI generators......I need something as simple as possible (????):kilroy:...Oh yea for FSX!!...Thanks.----or is there a "coded Routine" that can be used over and over in airfields and just changing the aircraft????

Meshman
June 17th, 2009, 07:53
Gera, have you checked out the AI Flight Planner forum at FSDeveloper? It's a utility even I could understand.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Using a couple of Kalifornia bases an an example, Travis AFB - KSUU and Beale AFB - KBAB. First, there HAS to be parking spots and FSX doesn't do military parking spots, so the airports need to be modified. Once that's done and if I'm wanting the planes to show at Beale, I make my choice of plane, set the departure time for around 0200 local time, fly it to Travis (short flight BTW), wait about an hour and fly it back to Beale. Finished by 0400 or 0500 +-, so when I go violating the airspace around 1400 local time, the plane is sitting at a parking spot at Beale, waiting for it's next midnight excursion.

IanP
June 17th, 2009, 12:53
I'm led to believe that if you create parking spots and don't connect them to the taxiway network, AI aircraft will occupy them, but will be unable to move so will just stay there.

I've never tried this personally. I prefer my traffic to be moving.

gera
June 17th, 2009, 13:12
Gera, have you checked out the AI Flight Planner forum at FSDeveloper? It's a utility even I could understand.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Using a couple of Kalifornia bases an an example, Travis AFB - KSUU and Beale AFB - KBAB. First, there HAS to be parking spots and FSX doesn't do military parking spots, so the airports need to be modified. Once that's done and if I'm wanting the planes to show at Beale, I make my choice of plane, set the departure time for around 0200 local time, fly it to Travis (short flight BTW), wait about an hour and fly it back to Beale. Finished by 0400 or 0500 +-, so when I go violating the airspace around 1400 local time, the plane is sitting at a parking spot at Beale, waiting for it's next midnight excursion.

Hey Meshman, am still waiting for you to answer my last PM, there at FSdeveloper forum.....yea, I posted there, you gave me some tips on AI Flight Planner but they dinīt work well for me....am still waiting for a simple thing man, I am too involved in scenery and Missions to delve deeply into AI stuff plus my new Trains stuff its beginning to have a toll on me....hahahahahahah!!!, not true. I really do not want to read a bunch of manuals and stuff right now....but boy would I like to have some traffic landing and taking off on some of the airfields I make!!!!!!....Hey!!!, am still goofing off wih the "Island Making" with Sbuilder!!!...have a bunch of ideas on some Missions on this very Mysterious and dangerous Island off the shores on Panama!!!!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol:..nice to see ya!!!