PDA

View Full Version : FSD F-23 at dusk

tigisfat
June 16th, 2009, 23:14
:bump:I gotta slow down, but right now I can't resist. I'm the most critical person on the planet, and I've got a keen eye for detail. It's almost like I was born to beta test. I can't find anything really wrong with this aircraft that FSD isn't already working.....

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-16_11-0-6-913.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-16_11-0-36-824.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-16_11-3-52-782.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-16_10-59-26-793.jpg

gajit
June 16th, 2009, 23:59
Perhaps you would ask them to get on with the MU2 and Jetstar that we have been waiting for years and years and years and years and years for!!!

Great shots BTW

Naismith
June 17th, 2009, 01:55
That is one ugly aeroplane, it has no twirly things that make it fly, nor has it any strings holding the wings together. :icon_lol:

mad52
June 17th, 2009, 02:42
:bump:I gotta slow down, but right now I can't resist.

More fun :-)

http://www.fsd-international.com/temp/F23/F23images/somethingdifferent.jpg

Congrats to Javier Fernandez for his magnificent USS Nimitz, and also to Lamont Clark for his elegant AICarriers2 !

6297J
June 17th, 2009, 03:23
That is one ugly aeroplane, it has no twirly things that make it fly, nor has it any strings holding the wings together. :icon_lol:

Nice shots but I agree, ugly as sin :sleep:

Seems to me FSD are trying to drum up interest and kick start their business again with a celebrity aircraft when they should either finish or publicly abandon the projects they have been teasing us with since the early years of FS2004!!

Quixoticish
June 17th, 2009, 03:32
I'm not complaining, I had no real interest in any previous FSD releases but this one will certainly make me part with my hard earned pennies.

I also think the YF-23 was much better looking than the YF-22. :applause:

Kavehpd
June 17th, 2009, 05:12
No bump maps?

MudMarine
June 17th, 2009, 05:14
Ugly........?:icon_lol: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think she's one bad ass machine! I bet just the mear sight of that ugly brick puts fear in the enemy!:icon_lol: I don't like shop heaters very much but this one is sweet!:applause:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 17th, 2009, 05:19
The bumps are as good as it gets....

As to the FlightSim Developers product line , with the revamping of the personnel and its fresh approach to previously<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
built products and quality it was decided to rebuild the Jetstar from scratch. <o:p></o:p>
The "Old" one sitting on my hard drive is a Gmax model , produced from the 2004 SDK for use with FS9 it like the MU-2 , Seneca <o:p></o:p>
and Navajo were low poly models by today’s standards, they also cannot make use of texture baking and take advantage of a wealth<o:p></o:p>
of tools available to me using 3DS9.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
These "old" models are flying in my sim and are more or less complete, but they are not up to the standards that currently apply to FSX productions where 300,000 poly models are becoming the norm and fully baked interiors are expected, in short they are "history" , within <o:p></o:p>
today’s marketplace 65,000 poly models are not Cutting Edge, the FlightSim Developers product line will from now on be on the Cutting Edge.
<o:p> </o:p>

6297J
June 17th, 2009, 05:32
Ugly........?:icon_lol: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think she's one bad ass machine! I bet just the mear sight of that ugly brick puts fear in the enemy!:icon_lol: I don't like shop heaters very much but this one is sweet!:applause:

I shall call her Ugly Betty.

An 'interesting' thing, a bit of a head turner if for all the wrong reasons, possibly an exciting gal to take out for a quick spin once in a while.

But you'd be too embarrassed to introduce her to your freinds :icon32:

VFR Reviews
June 17th, 2009, 06:38
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL stuff :D

gajit
June 17th, 2009, 09:03
As a MILVIS model its bound to be good so I'll get it anyway - even though it is not the best looking bird i have ever.........:monkies:

SolarEagle
June 17th, 2009, 14:54
The bumps are as good as it gets....

Black textures are hard to make look right, and that shot of the bump maps shows the best rendition of a black aircraft that I have ever seen.

MudMarine
June 17th, 2009, 15:03
OK.........release the bugger!! It looks ready to me!!:engel016::applause:

Gibbage
June 17th, 2009, 15:04
Also, honestly, stealth jets are not all that bumpy ;) Sort of kills the "stealth" part. Heh.

Sorry. I could not resist. :wavey:

krazycolin
June 17th, 2009, 15:08
OK.........release the bugger!! It looks ready to me!!:engel016::applause:

How does "coming soon" sound to you? :wiggle:

Just kidding... seriously, the manuals are being written as we speak...

How does "coming VERY soon" sound to you?

kc

falcon409
June 17th, 2009, 21:34
I seem to remember a company called i3d that labored over a beautifully modeled F-15 and Gripen (I think) that seemed to go on and on and on and their reason for not releasing it was due to the fact that they wanted to be sure that every "new" advantage available to them with the 2004SDK was incorporated into those models. I don't honestly know where they were in the development stage, but I know the WIP shots were stunning. They held it back, to incorporate all those bells and whistles and eventually closed their doors with no notice save a single line on a white screen when you went to their website that said something to the effect that they were updating their site and would return "soon". . . .they did not.

Let's hope that these folks don't retool themselves into oblivion as i3d did. The YF-23 is a beautiful aircraft and FSD has done an excellent job, unfortunate that FS9 was left out of the mix, but I'll take the FSX model and enjoy the ride. Starting over from scratch on the MU-2 does not bode well for it's future release considering that it was "on the drawing board" for years as an FS9 model.

fliger747
June 17th, 2009, 22:13
After adding a tailhook it does land nicely aboard Nimitz. Fly by wire aircraft are surprisingly not easy to model in a sim that models analogue systems....

T.

MudMarine
June 17th, 2009, 22:31
How does "coming soon" sound to you? :wiggle:

Just kidding... seriously, the manuals are being written as we speak...

How does "coming VERY soon" sound to you?

kc:icon_lol: sounds good to me!:icon_lol: I'm really drawn to this plane.........?:engel016: When this one comes out that means the P-38 will be next!!! I think? hehe

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 18th, 2009, 07:17
The MU-2 is a real workhorse , i had the opportunity to take a series of pic's at a local airfield with the aircrafts owner and plan to make full use of these interior and exterior reference photo's in the production.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I admit to a measure of disappointment with the existing models not being released , in fact a great deal of time was spent by many refining the electronics codebase and the model code as well , this can be reused but i / we have learned from experience that the market has now some very discriminating customers who have little tolerance for old style productions
All of us would have liked to see these out a long time ago but there are relatively few professional producers available who do this full time, the team i work with at FlightSim Developers is now such a group and can devote substantial human resources to the completion of the projects undertaken, and do it with care and attention to detail .<o:p></o:p>

MudMarine
June 18th, 2009, 08:01
I shall call her Ugly Betty.

An 'interesting' thing, a bit of a head turner if for all the wrong reasons, possibly an exciting gal to take out for a quick spin once in a while.

But you'd be too embarrassed to introduce her to your freinds :icon32:

Ugly Betty.....I like that!!:icon_lol::applause: Ugly girl or not, it's about "Enthusiasm" if you know what I mean, that's what light switches are for! Anyhow, Ugly Betty looks like one enthusiastic girl to me!:icon_lol: