PDA

View Full Version : "Failures" Help Please

LTCSZ
June 16th, 2009, 09:51
Hi: No matter what I do, I can't stop FS9 from initiating an electrical system failure after about 5 minutes of flight...I have checked all of the failure options, and nothing is checked or scheduled...But, after the failure occurs, when I go into the Failures menu, there is a red checkmark in the electrical systems box and the entire electrical system is shut down...Is there something else I can try? Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

srgalahad
June 16th, 2009, 10:28
first, what are you flying? it may have some sort of internal 'damage' mode

Also, make sure there is a generator switch and it/they are ON ... quite a few FS models either don't have a switch or it's missed and you run out of battery.

I found that little problem by cold-starting a couple of planes only to find the lack of generators feeding the battery.

All else fails, bring a flashlight!

Rob

dhasdell
June 16th, 2009, 10:40
You might need to assign a key to alternator and use that if the power goes.

Terry
June 16th, 2009, 11:18
Hi: No matter what I do, I can't stop FS9 from initiating an electrical system failure after about 5 minutes of flight...I have checked all of the failure options, and nothing is checked or scheduled...But, after the failure occurs, when I go into the Failures menu, there is a red checkmark in the electrical systems box and the entire electrical system is shut down...Is there something else I can try? Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

If you saved your default startup flight with the generators off that would cause the problem.

Motormouse
June 16th, 2009, 16:00
You can change this in the relevant aircraft .cfg file

in the section

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24
generator_alternator_voltage = 28
max_generator_alternator_amps = 50
engine_generator_map = 1
electric_always_available = 1 // <------Add this line if not already present; 1= ON ; 0 = OFF

hope this helps

ttfn

Pete

WarHorse47
June 16th, 2009, 17:26
Another source for electrical failure is the flight you've selected.

If you've created your own 'Current Flight", open it with Notepad and look for this section:

[Gauges]
Airspeed=Operative
TurnCoordinator=Operative
DG=Operative
Altimeter=Operative
AI=Operative
VSI=Operative
Comm=Operative
Nav=Operative
Transponder=Operative
ADF=Operative
Compass=Operative
PitotSystem=Operative
VacuumSystem=Operative
Fuel=Operative
Engine=Operative
Electrical=Operative
PanelLights=False

Notice the line on electrical. If it says False, then when you start the flight the electrical needs to be switched on with the battery. If the a/c starts fine but dies in flight, then it might be that the generator is not turned on. I had to create several shortcut keys for those aircraft without specific switches as my current flight is always from a cold start. :running:

--WH

LTCSZ
June 16th, 2009, 17:42
The "electric always available" was in the .cfg file, but it had a "0" after it...I changed it to a "1" and that solved the problem...Thanks for the help...Always learning something new about FS...

Steve

pointy31
June 16th, 2009, 18:29
I think we all learn something about FS every day...:icon29: