PDA

View Full Version : Afcad Conversion

abrussell
June 16th, 2009, 09:34
Does anyone know if FS2004 afcads can be converted to Fsx? I am trying to convert some seaplane bases as there is next to nothing available for Fsx.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bruce

Meshman
June 16th, 2009, 09:56
AFCADs will work "as is" in FSX. They will not have FSX based features, like support vehicles and the boundary fence. But the general makeup between FS9 and FSX is pretty close.

Disclaimer: Any airport layout file needs to have the proper DELETE structure, so if the file isn't properly setup it may not function the way you want. This applies to a file made for FS9 or FSX.

Naismith
June 16th, 2009, 10:55
I thought there was an issue re which day of the week the week started on. One sim being Sunday the other Monday. Probably only an issue with a varying schedule though.

Bjoern
June 16th, 2009, 11:27
I thought there was an issue re which day of the week the week started on. One sim being Sunday the other Monday. Probably only an issue with a varying schedule though.

This is an AI flight plan issue, NOT an AFCAD one.

Naismith
June 16th, 2009, 15:40
This is an AI flight plan issue, NOT an AFCAD one.
Doh! Of course, you are right there! Note to self .... do not reply to threads when still half asleep.
Sorry.

gera
June 16th, 2009, 18:30
Does anyone know if FS2004 afcads can be converted to Fsx? I am trying to convert some seaplane bases as there is next to nothing available for Fsx.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bruce

There is a program that converts FS2004 afcads to FSX, go to Flightsim or Simviation in their utilities section and get on with your convertions man!!!! I used it a lot and work perfectly.:ernae:

Marvin Carter
June 16th, 2009, 18:55
http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/ade/

abrussell
June 16th, 2009, 22:50
Thanks for the info.
Bruce

Bjoern
June 17th, 2009, 06:29
Doh! Of course, you are right there! Note to self .... do not reply to threads when still half asleep.

Heh. :d
Don't worry though, I've posted being in much worse conditions than just "half-asleep". :icon_lol:

peter12213
June 17th, 2009, 07:07
same here lol most of my posts here are don't quite heavily drunk haha

Bjoern
June 17th, 2009, 08:25
same here lol most of my posts here are don't quite heavily drunk haha

I can see that. :kilroy::engel016::mixedsmi::d