PDA

View Full Version : New Hardrive but...

idancesafetydance
June 15th, 2009, 14:54
My old 320 Gb HDD died a few weeks ago, so I got this new WD 1Tb SATA drive, however... I lost hundreds of FS aircraft and such. I Don't remember 1% of what I had, so I'm frantically searching and downloading. Here's the Question, I your opion (s) what are the best Freeware <--!! aircraft out there? So far I got the Airhead Decathelon, S8's F-86, and... well that's all I can think of now. Thanks in advance!

-Chuck-

EMatheson
June 15th, 2009, 15:11
Samdims Cap-10, Anything by Milton Shupe, Anything MVG3D, Anything Bill Lyons... etc, etc, etc...

Backups, you really don't need... a good step-by-step list of revisions to FS would solve this problem more completely and in less space than a back-up. You might make such a list and store it in your e-mail account this time around.

idancesafetydance
June 15th, 2009, 15:38
Samdims Cap-10, Anything by Milton Shupe, Anything MVG3D, Anything Bill Lyons... etc, etc, etc...

Backups, you really don't need... a good step-by-step list of revisions to FS would solve this problem more completely and in less space than a back-up. You might make such a list and store it in your e-mail account this time around.
That was... EASY!

OBIO
June 15th, 2009, 21:44
Premiere Aircraft Design, Brian Gladden, Oldliner 52, Gmax Academy. Heck, Alpha Sim has released some pretty nice stuff as freeware (unless you are amongst those who think that Alpha Sim sucks...never understood that). Iris has some nice freeware out, if you can find it...Simviation has some of it...love their A-7! Jens B. Kristensen has a ton of very nice freeware stuff out...he is the master of the tubeliners (what happened to the I'M NOT WORTHY smilie?). Tim "Piglet" Conrad has a ton of freeware stuff that simply rocks! Lionheart has some exquisite Fairchilds and early early Cessnas out as freeware (Flightsim.com) that I absolutely cherish having in my collection. Massimo Taccoli has a collection of Cessna L-19s out as freeware (been out for some time now) that is great....wheeled, skis, floats.

Thicko has a very nice collection of CFS2 birds that work well in FS2004 and that are worth having in your collection.

OBIO

idancesafetydance
June 16th, 2009, 08:51
Thanks Guys, Got a good one? I wanna hear, er, see it!

Desert Rat
June 16th, 2009, 10:12
Anything by Rick Piper, David Maltby, Jeff Marsh, Grab the Airplane Heaven Freeware too, Wozza/AuMav, Hauke Kietel, Guenter Kramer, SimShed.....still thinking.....

Desert Rat
June 16th, 2009, 10:13
....groundcrew....
....FDGv1/2.....

Matt Wynn
June 16th, 2009, 12:23
Don't forget Dave Molineauxs Austers.... Dave Garwoods Hunters, maybe even the drag raps....