PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Try These ?

Flyboy208
June 15th, 2009, 13:43
... Just spotted this over at Flightsim ...

FS2004 Extreme Upgrade - Howard's Mix Docs

Name: hmdocs.zip Size: 35,947,412 Date: 06-15-2009
FS2004 Extreme Upgrade - Howard's Mix Docs. The FSX Experience. Graphics updates include user friendly texture swap program which will move our trusted FS2004 into this century. All new ground, water, clouds/sky, enhanced environmental files, all default buildings have been upgraded, trees completely redrawn with static birds added. Professional quality installer. By Howard Smith.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc.
FS2004 Howard's Mix The FSX Experience

Name: hmprog.zip Size: 119,094,264 Date: 06-15-2009
FS2004 Howard's Mix The FSX Experience. Extreme Graphics makeover update, includes a texture swap program. Howard's Mix will move our trusted FS2004 into this century with new ground water clouds/sky enhanced environmental files. All default building have been upgraded. Trees completely redrawn with static birds added. Professional quality installer on main program. By Howard Smith. (See also HMDOCS.ZIP)

Mike :monkies:

PhantomP
June 15th, 2009, 17:27
Looks to good to be true.

dandog
June 15th, 2009, 22:11
I personally like the Reality Pack scenery I DL'd from AVSIM by Joffrey Rieger. Then just throw on Koorbygen Lite (buildings) and you're good to go. Major improvement. No more blotchy textures.

Naismith
June 16th, 2009, 01:46
I did, and only because I was debating removing FS9 from my machine and fully commiting to FSX. Well it made the decision for me. FPS dropped to zero (literally) and the runways around my home plate were all turned to grass. FS9 removed totally.
So beware..........
BTW I am now taking this opportunity it has presented me with of reinstalling FS9 as a clean slate so it's not all bad news. There is no way I have decided I can fully commit to FSX, there are just too many a/c that do not port well but are great in the senior sim. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
June 16th, 2009, 07:21
I did, and only because I was debating removing FS9 from my machine and fully commiting to FSX. Well it made the decision for me. FPS dropped to zero (literally) and the runways around my home plate were all turned to grass. FS9 removed totally.
So beware..........
BTW I am now taking this opportunity it has presented me with of reinstalling FS9 as a clean slate so it's not all bad news. There is no way I have decided I can fully commit to FSX, there are just too many a/c that do not port well but are great in the senior sim. :icon_lol:

You might try testing FSX first. If you 'can', (if you have room on your HD), load up FSX and run it and see how it runs on your computer 'performance wise'. Then if you are satisfied, erase everything and do a proper clean install of FSX.

This way, you 'know' what direction you are going in.

I am on my 3rd new computer since FSX came out and it still doenst run smoothly with sliders above a quarter setting. But some people can run it smooth as glass, no hops and freezes.

Bill