PDA

View Full Version : Incredible lightning photos:

Ferry_vO
June 15th, 2009, 05:28
http://www.flixya.com/post/MysticBren/1418133/Stunning_Facts_About_Lightening

:d

brad kaste
June 15th, 2009, 05:52
Ferry,.......very dramatic photos. Good information too. Thanks for posting.

Snuffy
June 15th, 2009, 06:40
Awesome Pix! Thanks for sharing!

I love a good (natural) light show!

One year ... somewhere around 1996 or so ... my daughter and I were sitting on the front porch watching a lightning storm and just enjoying ourselves. Out in the middle of the cul-de-sac was a manhole ... not more than 30-35 feet from the steps on the porch ...

Everything was fine until I felt the hairs on my arms and head start to rise ... I grabbed my daughter just as the bolt hit the manhole cover and dashed into the house, not wasting any time at all ... that had to be the loudest clap of thunder I've ever heard ...

Later the county had to come out and unweld the manhole cover from the manhole.

Still love a good show though.

cheezyflier
June 15th, 2009, 10:01
i remember driving home one day just as a bad storm was beginning. at a red light, i noticed a transformer on a pole across the street.
i thought to myself "wouldn't it be something if.."
and then BANG!!! it was struck by lightning while i watched. i had just enough time to think "wow!!! that'll never hap BANG!!!
and there it was, lightning struck the same place twice, right before my very eyes!

***edit: for the sake of truth i will admit i drove the whole way home trying as hard as i could NOT to think about what lightning might strike next

demorier
June 16th, 2009, 00:55
Dramatic pic's...thanks for sharing.