PDA

View Full Version : AvSim File Library

MaskRider
June 15th, 2009, 04:21
Hiya guys. I have been reworking my old MaskRider web site with plans to get it back up and running. One task is to bring my links page up to date.

Many of the old links were linked to pages in the AvSim file library. I am getting zero response from them. The AvSim site seems to be up and running but their file library isn't functioning.

Can someone bring me up to speed? Is AvSim still in the File Library business?

Tx
Chris

MaskRider
June 15th, 2009, 05:08
In the back of my mind there was a memory of some sort of bad news about AvSim. Just searched the forum and found it. Question answered. Bummer.

What I need is links to Ground2Kv4 and the Ground 2Kv4 dlls.

Tx Chris

sc7500
June 15th, 2009, 07:40
Look for it 1/2 way down the page, Chris:

http://simviation.com/fsdesign_scenery8.htm

Best
SC
:kilroy:

MaskRider
June 15th, 2009, 09:01
Thanks very much, SC.

Kofschip
June 15th, 2009, 15:48
Chris, that is great news. I lost part of your stuff when my computer crashed last year. Am looking forward to get it all up an running again.:ernae:

miamieagle
June 16th, 2009, 07:35
Please back it up with a external Hard drive for the next time!:icon_lol:

leroy10
June 17th, 2009, 20:10
Hi All, :wavey:

I received an email a few days ago from someone requesting one of my old tree libraries for use in MR bases. Apparently that version of trees isn't available for DL. I still have most of my old files so if needed they can be uploaded again to SOH file library.

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

dvslats
June 18th, 2009, 21:21
leroy10 !!! Now your name is one I have not seen here for a while. :applause: If you are making the offer I sure could use the files listed below. Maskrider had a help website that had these but it's no longer available. My guess is that it is due to his re building, or Avsim going sour. With a recently replaced HDD ( does anyone make a good HDD anymore? ) it would be fantastic for you to make these availale again. I realize Douglas is fixing up SOH's library Thanks Douglas, but I've got a little project going that needs your files. Appreciate the offer!

Dynamic Scenery Objects Library

Fix for Textures / Dynamic Scenery Objects Library

DYNAMIC TREE COLLECTION / 31 Trees by LINDSAY "Leroy10" WATT! For use in Mission Builder and GSL Scenery Making!

MaskRider
June 18th, 2009, 22:35
Howdy Lindsay!

Yes, my help site is down right now for refurbishing. Since many of the links to the SOH library are not functioning I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to just take the site down for a while. I'll stick it back up toight- but those links to SOH will still be down.

I'll add links to the MR scenery, too. One of these days Ill get around to loading evrything back up here to SOH.

I also have all of everyone else's object packs that get used with MR scenery. Email me if you need something. I'll do the best I can to get around to all requests.

MaskRider
June 18th, 2009, 23:33
Ok, the link in my signature is once again working.

Here is the temporary url:

MaskRider Page (http://www.geocities.com/crismahn@sbcglobal.net/MaskRider2008/index_maskrider_temp.html)

Cheers

dvslats
June 19th, 2009, 03:50
Ok, the link in my signature is once again working.
Cheers

Cool beans, Thanks!

TARPSBird
June 19th, 2009, 18:45
Chris, does your MR_Tree_Package.zip also contain Lindsay's trees or do I need his package too? I sent your zip to another forum member this week and noticed Lindsay's name on the readme. Just wondering 'cause I gotta rebuild your stuff in my new CFS2 install. :)

MaskRider
June 19th, 2009, 19:00
All of those packages whether labeled MR or LW or LWD or LDW are packages created by Lindsay Watt. If you were to install every MR scenery pack you would need to install all of those library object packs. The MR Trees and Object libraries were from the pre GSL- static versus dynamic- scenery days. They were for API Macro based scenery packs. Some of my scenery pack- Philippines, Japan, Formosa- and some individual DEI and Micronesia airfields are still API Macro based. So all of those scenery object packs are separate and apart from each other and required.