PDA

View Full Version : flylogic tiger camera glitch?

blazefox2
June 14th, 2009, 22:33
i bought flylogics tiger x yesterday and i must say it is remarkable easily worth every penny but i just have one problem the camera on spot and locked spot is extremly far away
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3858/2009614232153243.png

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1958/2009614232253687.png

is there a fix for this ( i have installed the sp1 for it)

swimeye
June 15th, 2009, 00:18
I have the same problem too and i found out from the manual that you had to put yourself in spotcamera view and load one of the default flights and then the camera would be at normal zoom again. Not an optimal fix for me, i like to take it wherever i want with normal camera zoom.

blazefox2
June 15th, 2009, 00:22
same il probably hop on the aerosoft forums and ask around tonight

Bugdani
June 15th, 2009, 02:33
May be have a look at your camera.cfg?
Anyway, it is very simple to adjust the distance of the camera whithout modifying the zoom setting !

Bug.

blazefox2
June 15th, 2009, 04:06
thanks il pm it to you

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 04:14
I also had this problem and never got a fix!

Bone
June 15th, 2009, 05:06
I've looked for some paints for this plane, but obviously not in the right places. Can someone give me a clue where I can find some repaints?

Prowler1111
June 15th, 2009, 05:39
This is a out of scale poly on the mesh, it has to be solved within the source file, there is no other way around it. As you browse thru the models, you´ll see not all of them have this issue.It´s disturbing, as i consider this to be the ultimate F-5 package.
Best regards
Prowler

Cleartheprop
August 22nd, 2010, 11:39
...one year later... :)

I bought this F5 Tiger months ago and never really used it as the spot view does really spoils the add-on. It is too bad because the VC is allright.
Has a fix been released ? I didnt find anything on the Flylogic website and the support page I ended on is in German...
Thanks!

falcon409
August 22nd, 2010, 11:46
...one year later... :)

I bought this F5 Tiger months ago and never really used it as the spot view does really spoils the add-on. It is too bad because the VC is allright.
Has a fix been released ? I didnt find anything on the Flylogic website and the support page I ended on is in German...
Thanks!
I had this airplane and lost everything in a HDD/Virus Attack, so maybe I'm missing what the problem is, but can't you simply manually zoom in to change the spot view? When I first read this, my first thought was. . ."well just use the + key and zoom in if it's too far away". lol.

blazefox2
August 22nd, 2010, 12:44
there is no permanent fix for it but you can change the distance fo the camera NOT THE ZOOM by using ctrl= or ctrl -

Cleartheprop
August 22nd, 2010, 12:52
I had this airplane and lost everything in a HDD/Virus Attack, so maybe I'm missing what the problem is, but can't you simply manually zoom in to change the spot view? When I first read this, my first thought was. . ."well just use the + key and zoom in if it's too far away". lol.

The trouble is one would have to zoom like hell to get an acceptable view. Then in order to turn around the airplane, (using my track IR) I have to go very slowly (that is moving my head like I am kinda frozen) not to go from the tail to the nose in 1/10th of a second. not comfortable at all.

thanks blazefox2, I didnt know about these keys. I'll try! :)

Shame the designer hasn't provided a fix....

falcon409
August 22nd, 2010, 13:56
. . . . . .Then in order to turn around the airplane, (using my track IR) I have to go very slowly (that is moving my head like I am kinda frozen) not to go from the tail to the nose in 1/10th of a second. not comfortable at all. . . . .
I use TrackIR, but using it outside the aircraft? The only movement I get outside is disorienting because it's just a side to side movement, whichever way I move my head. If I go outside for screens, etc., I just freeze the TIR while I'm shooting then activate it again once I'm back in the VC.:salute:

jdhaenens
August 23rd, 2010, 03:42
Arno has a tool at FS Developers for this. The RADItor:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=RADItor

swimeye
August 23rd, 2010, 03:57
Nice tool, will be interesting if this tool can solve the problem. I agree with the others that it is a pity that this camera bug is so annoying that it ruins a very good addon. :jump:

Roger
August 23rd, 2010, 04:40

Thanks for the HU Jim...I wonder if it will cure the same problem with the Piaseki freeware heli?

Roger
August 23rd, 2010, 09:33
Well Arno's tool works like a dream! I've just tried it on the Piaseki and having first determined that a radius of 6.0 was typical I entered that value and the bounding boxes adjust automatically. Then click on the Write button and put it in the model folder having backed-up the original. The piaski is now right up close.
great heads up again Jim:ernae:

swimeye
August 24th, 2010, 08:46
Editing the Radius with the tool works for the Flylogic F5 Tiger also. Thanks for the tip. :salute:

Cleartheprop
August 24th, 2010, 10:40
will try it as soon as I get a chance. Thanks !

Paul Anderson
August 24th, 2010, 13:59
Good tip, thanks. Used the radius editor on the 1-4-18 Aeronca Champ with a radius of 5. Will be flying it more often now.

Cleartheprop
August 25th, 2010, 05:12

Thank you very much jdhaenens ! that worked fine on the flylogic F5. It is like having a new aircraft in my hangar.
http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/sel%20f5.jpg

Lenny
August 25th, 2010, 06:30
What numbers did you guys set in RADItor for the Flylogic F-5?

VinFlyer
August 25th, 2010, 07:57
What numbers did you guys set in RADItor for the Flylogic F-5?

At my first try for the F-5 I used the same numbers that the L-39 had (as that's similar in size). It turned out to fit quite nice, so I sticked with that. The numbers:

Radius: 7,3

Bounding box:
X: -7 ------- 4,9
Y: -5,3 ----- 6,3
Z: -5,8 ----- 6,4

Lenny
August 25th, 2010, 08:14
Thx Vin! :salute:

Lenny
August 29th, 2010, 08:29

Does it also work with FS9? When I select an FS9 MDL I get an error : The MDL was not of the expected format.

Roger
August 29th, 2010, 08:34
Does it also work with FS9? When I select an FS9 MDL I get an error : The MDL was not of the expected format.

AFcad does this for aircraft in Fs9. I think it's under "Editor" menu.

hschuit
August 29th, 2010, 08:59
AFcad does this for aircraft in Fs9. I think it's under "Editor" menu.

Roger, thanks for the info :salute:
You can find this tool on Simviation:
<TABLE border=1 width="75%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD height=2>AFCAD 2.21 for FS2004. (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=misc&file=AFCAD221.zip) This is a CAD-style editor for FS2004 airports. Airports consist of visible scenery and invisible facility data used to control airport operations. AFCAD 2 can add or modify almost all facility elements and several visible elements. This includes runways, taxiways, aprons, parking, communications and navaids. More visible elements will be added in future upgrades. Note that this version is strictly for FS2004. Look for version 1.4 to work with FS2002. Lee Swordy. AFCAD221.zip</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
From the menu: Select Tools, then Aircraft Editor. Now you can adjust the value in the Aircraft Radius (m) field. If you make it less, the preview / spot view aircraft becomes larger / closer.

doublecool
August 29th, 2010, 09:17
Another issue, I have never been able to get the radar to work in the VC (works in 2D)

any one have this problem and is there a fix

Lenny
August 29th, 2010, 11:47
Roger, thanks for the info :salute:
You can find this tool on Simviation:
<TABLE border=1 width="75%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD height=2>AFCAD 2.21 for FS2004. (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=misc&file=AFCAD221.zip) This is a CAD-style editor for FS2004 airports. Airports consist of visible scenery and invisible facility data used to control airport operations. AFCAD 2 can add or modify almost all facility elements and several visible elements. This includes runways, taxiways, aprons, parking, communications and navaids. More visible elements will be added in future upgrades. Note that this version is strictly for FS2004. Look for version 1.4 to work with FS2002. Lee Swordy. AFCAD221.zip</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
From the menu: Select Tools, then Aircraft Editor. Now you can adjust the value in the Aircraft Radius (m) field. If you make it less, the preview / spot view aircraft becomes larger / closer.

Gonna check it out.... thanks to all of you :salute:

Lenny
August 30th, 2010, 09:32
Gonna check it out.... thanks to all of you :salute:

YES!!!! It works.....Never thought that AFCAD could do that :bump: