PDA

View Full Version : Apples in the attic

paiken
June 14th, 2009, 12:12
I just dug out my old Apple IIc from the attic, along with an external floppy drive, a joystick, and a mouse (one button). Unfortunately, the monitor (monochrome green) died about 15 years ago, and I dont have a RF modulator to hook it up to the TV set. The RGB port on the back won't accept my LCD hook-up either.:frown: I don't want to try a smoke test until I can get a visual. Any ideas? I don't really like the RF modulator idea, and frankly, I'm not sure they are available anymore. Last one I saw was around 10 years ago in a clearance bin at Radio Shack.

kilo delta
June 14th, 2009, 14:25
Try run FSX on it :icon_lol::bump:

OBIO
June 14th, 2009, 14:41
RF Modulators are still available at Walmart (or at least at the Walmarts around here), but they are pricey....$20 for something that was $6 just 3 or 4 years ago.

OBIO

paiken
June 14th, 2009, 15:11
Try run FSX on it :icon_lol::bump:
Might be able to get 2 or three frames per day with that rig. Funny, but I've got the Apple emulator running FS2 on my current rig, and I can't seem to fly the durn thing:icon_lol:

Lionheart
June 14th, 2009, 17:06
A relic!!!

Keep it. Someday, they will be worth a fortune (in working condition). I have seen some for sale at second hand stores and was tempted to purchase one just for that. Put it in a bag, then in a box, and let it age with time.

Its like those antique radios. While looking for WWII radio textures, I stumbled upon antique radio websites. Radios from back in the early 1900's that were huge, beautifully made creations, the peak of technology and entertainment back then (no TV's yet). So many kinds....

It would be fun to start an 'early collection' of electronics...

Bill