PDA

View Full Version : In memoriam...

Rami
June 13th, 2009, 06:34
To all,

I would like to take a moment to remember a man who was and still is one of my heroes. He was from Western New York, like myself, and rose from humble beginnings to become one of the giants of American Politics and Journalism. Russert even reached a level that only Presidents and a select few others were able to achieve: When he spoke, America listened. The last person to have that authority was Walter Cronkite.

He had solid integrity and faith, an incredible work ethic, and cared about being a son, father, and husband. His book "Big Russ and me" opened my eyes even more to the sacrifices of my parents, and I was fortunate enough to share a beer and a basket of wings with him a few years ago when I went home to Buffalo. He was a passionate sports fan, especially the Bills, and I still miss him.

This man was Tim Russert, and he died one year ago today.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9217070801229560357

Ferry_vO
June 13th, 2009, 06:41
Shouldn't that be 'In memoriam'.. ?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

<!-- start content -->An honorarium is an ex gratia payment made to a person for their services in a volunteer capacity or for services for which fees are not traditionally required. This is used by groups such as schools or sporting clubs to pay coaches for their costs. Another example includes the payment to a guest speaker at a conference to cover their travel, accommodation, or preparation time.

;)

Rami
June 13th, 2009, 06:42
Done. :wiggle:

brad kaste
June 13th, 2009, 06:53
...Very few,...if any....'talking heads' news/journalists I have any respect for. Tim and Walter are the exception.

Quicksand
June 13th, 2009, 11:35
:medals::medals::medals::medals: