PDA

View Full Version : Talking of VTOL

Ascua02
June 13th, 2009, 04:57
Hello gents, I have hit a big snag the other day and I would need some advice.

I have started using Rob Barendregt's gauge for the Rotodyne and it worked fine, then a few days back it simply seems not to be working, I also tried to install it in the UH-1H from J. Moore but no dice.

I also re-downloaded all gauges and re-install it, still no way.

The only thing changed, as far as I am aware (sorry, I am a bit untidy in my FS installation) is that I have changed my system to a XP 64 and I was wondering if the truly excellent Rob's gauges do not work in a 64 bytes system.

As anybody had this problem before or is there some advice available??

Thanks

Saludos:isadizzy:

rcbarend
June 14th, 2009, 09:51
Hello gents, I have hit a big snag the other day and I would need some advice.

I have started using Rob Barendregt's gauge for the Rotodyne and it worked fine, then a few days back it simply seems not to be working, I also tried to install it in the UH-1H from J. Moore but no dice.

I also re-downloaded all gauges and re-install it, still no way.

The only thing changed, as far as I am aware (sorry, I am a bit untidy in my FS installation) is that I have changed my system to a XP 64 and I was wondering if the truly excellent Rob's gauges do not work in a 64 bytes system.

As anybody had this problem before or is there some advice available??

Thanks

Saludos:isadizzy:

Hi,

Have you tried to download/install the latest FS9 version of FSUIPC V3.90 ??
Because it may have something to do with your XP 64-bit Windows version. (it won't be my gauge itself, since I know this XML code works even on Vista 64-bit with FSX).

Also, trying to use this Rotodyne-version of my VTOL addon on a UH (Helicopter) won't work; nor will this version work (probably) on any other aircraft, since it has to be tweaked for each specific aircraft.

:ernae: Rob Barendregt

Ascua02
June 14th, 2009, 11:32
It could very well be that, got to try it.

For the UH-1H I used the specific one, not the Rotodyne's, one you were quite clear in the readme, and by the way that should have give me a hint that the problem is elsewhere as one not working is OK but both is got to be something else :banghead:.

On the other hand, the gauges are excellent, when I had it working it was a treat, congratulations and thanks.

Saludos

Ascua02
June 14th, 2009, 12:26
BINGO!!!

That did the trick!!

Thanks Rob
:ernae:

Lionheart
June 14th, 2009, 13:45
That happens with me too.. Was going to suggest that.

For some reason, my FSUIPC quits after short periods of time, like a month of so....

Bill

rcbarend
June 14th, 2009, 14:05
BINGO!!!

That did the trick!!

Thanks Rob
:ernae:
Good to hear you have it solved ...

:ernae: Rob