PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Flight Training/Tutorials

ske
June 11th, 2009, 10:59
I'm looking to go 100% realistic, and was wondering if there are any training missions/campaigns and/or tutorials to help me integrate complex plane management into my flying.
Thanks

bearcat241
June 11th, 2009, 12:02
I can't think of any specific 100% missions off hand, but i personally think any mission with start & roll takeoffs and landing ends can potentially fit that category.

Just set your sim realism to 100%; never use warp; go manual fuel management; don't use the targeting radar or the friend/foe ID feature; always select "HARD" difficulty setting for every mission or campaign; use only 1% AvHistory air files with RealityX for your player aircraft ( you should probably avoid 1% airfiles for your AI wingmen though ).

For flying your player aircraft, learn the complexities of engine management in cruise and combat by experimenting with different settings in mixture, prop pitch and throttle.

bobhegf
June 11th, 2009, 12:55
Check out the US Training mission Fix that I did about 2yrs ago.Another thing that will help is the training films found at zenosvediowarbirddrivein.com.There are two of them.

ske
June 11th, 2009, 14:14
Thanks. Are the training missions "guided", so to speak?
Also, it looks like the CFS2 included checklists, which looks helpful.

mariereid
June 11th, 2009, 15:04
Ske; Don`t waste another minute, set everything to 100%, go to free flight, and have a blast! Just in case you didn`t know the check list are in the aircraft`s files. Just pretend you just arrived at flight school. I`m not even allowed to have any ammo yet!