PDA

View Full Version : Country CFG Help. Four Fox, I need your help!!!!

jackedwardmorris95
June 10th, 2009, 08:36
I installed Four foxes korea. It comes with a country.cfg expansion. I uninstalled CFS2 (and deleted it and Virgin install from program files). Now when I reinstall CFS2, Four foxes Korea is still there with the missions installed, a country cfg file came with it, and now when I try to edit the country cfg file, not only does the nations that came with FF Korea not show up, but when I edit and save it the changes do not take effect in CFS2,

Jack

bretnutz
June 11th, 2009, 06:24
Hey Jack,

Multi-Installs are the Answer.

Install CFS2......then go to---My Computer/Local Disk / Programs / CFS2

Change--- MyComputer/Local Disk / Programs / XCFS2

Then you can InStall CFS2 again....change...install.

Repeat and you can have; CFS2 Europe, CFS2 Battle of Britain, CFS2 Poland...etc...CFS2 Korea.

Each new Install....you can change the " Country File " to what you want....i.e. German change to North Korea....Britian to South Korea..Japan to Russia.

but You will have to Edit Missions/ Campaigns....so that the " allegiance numbers " all match the countrys.

jackedwardmorris95
June 11th, 2009, 06:55
Hey Jack,

Multi-Installs are the Answer.

Install CFS2......then go to---My Computer/Local Disk / Programs / CFS2

Change--- MyComputer/Local Disk / Programs / XCFS2

Then you can InStall CFS2 again....change...install.

Repeat and you can have; CFS2 Europe, CFS2 Battle of Britain, CFS2 Poland...etc...CFS2 Korea.

Each new Install....you can change the " Country File " to what you want....i.e. German change to North Korea....Britian to South Korea..Japan to Russia.

but You will have to Edit Missions/ Campaigns....so that the " allegiance numbers " all match the countrys.

I have made new installs using that method and it dosen't make any difference,

Jack

jackedwardmorris95
June 13th, 2009, 02:10
Unless I can get this sorted I will never be able to play CFS2 Again on this PC (My Only PC)!

Jack

erufle
June 13th, 2009, 03:35
I am not completely sure I understand your problem, but I will let you know a couple of things that may help.

1. If you uninstall a CFS2 installation that contains add-ons CFS2's uninstall program will not delete the add-ons. You have to go in and delete the add-ons after you run the uninstall program.

2. The easiest way to make a new install is to simply rename the old one, like this: Change the name of the original folder from Combat Flight Simulator 2 to something like CFS2 Old Install. That way, when you run the install program from the CFS2 CD it will automatically make a new install called Combat Flight Simulator 2 and it will contain none of the previous add-ons. You can do this as many times as you like and each install can be run by double clicking the cfs2.exe file in the main install folder.

I hope this helps. If not, give us a little more information. The problem you are having is probably nothing major.

erufle
June 13th, 2009, 03:45
The only other problem you mention in your original post has to do with the country.cfg file. Without more information I cannot be sure of how you tried to change the file. Sometimes a small change, not done correctly, will cause the whole game to crash. Why not just use the country.cfg file that came with the appropriate download. Another option for a country.cfg file that many of us use is the one found at http://www.microsoft.com/games/Combatfs2/articles_SDK_countryfile.aspx. Here you will also find a tutorial one changing the entries in the country.cfg.