PDA

View Full Version : Sound for t-45c

swimeye
June 10th, 2009, 03:42
I have a sound question. The wonderfull t-45c by Dino has the sounds aliased to the default f-18. Do anyone use another sound for it, if so which sound?

Dino Cattaneo
June 10th, 2009, 04:43
Good question!
It would be interesting to know... especially it would be interesting to know if there is any good freeware sound package I could integrate in the main release (another update is planned as soon as the F-14D is done). Same question would apply to the F-14 which I'm working on.

And BTW thanks for the appreciation!

Desert Rat
June 10th, 2009, 04:48
The freeware IRIS Hawk package for FS9 comes with sounds, maybe their T45 does too, can't remember, sorry. If it does, probly the same sounds anyways.

I used them in FS9, but haven't really got any fast movers in X, keeping it low and slow so far.

Jamie

swimeye
June 10th, 2009, 05:26
NP, you are worth every bit of it :applause:

dhazelgrove
June 10th, 2009, 06:06
I aliased the sound to the IRIS F-4 initially but I found that to be just too butch for the T-45 (would be fine for the F-14, though) so changed it to Dave Garwood's Hunter.
Any Hawk sound set would be fine - or maybe SF8's Sabre? Anything single-engined without burners.

Dave

swimeye
June 10th, 2009, 06:14
Good tip Dave, i have not tried the Hunter sound. Freeware sounds are really few for FSX so i guess the best option is to alias the sounds from a good suitable freeware jet with its own sounds.

IanHenry
June 10th, 2009, 07:56
What about the Skysim Hawk's?

Ian

Akatsuki
June 10th, 2009, 09:54
What about the Skysim Hawk's?

Ian

That's what i was going to reply.:engel016:

swimeye
June 10th, 2009, 09:57
Skysim would be good i believe but it is not freeware. SO that is not an option for me right now.
but...
I have done some testing of the soundset from the Hunter and i also like it. But it lacks some sounds from the advanced systems on the Goosehawk and i dont like the sounds of the flaps extending and retracting.
So I did some copy and paste from the default Hornet sound config, and I also copied over some sounds from the soundfolder and now i have good engine sounds with all the sounds from carrier operations. :jump:

dhazelgrove
June 10th, 2009, 13:06
I use Rob Barendregt's carrier operations package, and that comes with its own set of sounds for cats, etc.
The only thing I haven't managed yet is to make the canopies transparent.

Dave

atf300
June 11th, 2009, 10:08
so how do you copy the sound from another aircraft ? im new at this .

Dangerousdave26
June 11th, 2009, 12:26
so how do you copy the sound from another aircraft ? im new at this .

There are two ways to do it. neither is hard.

Inside every aircraft folder there should be a sound folder.

The first way is to just go to your sound folder of the plane you want to copy the sounds from.

Highlight or select all files in the folder
right click
copy
then paste them into the sound folder of the plane you want to have the same sounds.
C:\...{your path}...FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Boeing_T45C\sound

That is the expensive way to go about it but the plane in question will have all the same sounds as the plane that you took the files from. The problem with method is now I am taking up more space on my hard drive for sounds that I do not need to copy.

Now the cheap and easy way to do it.

Aliasing the sounds to the other aircraft.

Inside every sound folder is a sound.cfg file.

In the case of Dino's T45C there is only one file in the folder and that is the sound.cfg file.

You can open this file with notepad or what ever other text editor you use.

In fact I associate the .cfg files with notepad so that it opens them all the time.

When you open this file you will see this text

[fltsim]
alias=FA-18\sound

This tells the sim to look for the sounds in the FA-18 aircraft folder and use those sounds.

Lets say you had a new plane you just installed and it had no sound file in it at all but the aircraft is similar to a Cessna 172.

We would just create the sound.cfg file place it in a folder named sound. The sound folder would go in aircraft folder we just installed. The sound cfg file would contain this text.

[fltsim]
alias=C172\sound

Now all of the Cessna 172 sounds would play during the sim. I did not have to duplicate any files and the config file takes up 1 KB of space.

This only touches the surface of aliasing folders in FS.

atf300
June 11th, 2009, 12:42
i assume that the aliasing only works for the default aircraft , not addons

UnknownGuest12
June 11th, 2009, 13:03
Got this file...

This Sound.cfg file created by FS Sound Studio - http://www.fssoundstudio.com
// Built Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 14:46 FS Sound Studio Build:4959

[SOUND_ENGINE]
number_of_engines=1
ENG1_COMBUSTION=Hawk Max Ext
ENG1_STARTER=Hawk Starter
ENG1_SHUTDOWN=Hawk Shutdown Ext
ENG1_JET_WHINE=Hawk Idle Ext
ENG1_NON_COMBUSTION=APU Internal

Have no idea how I got to it. When the first FSX version was uploaded, looked into my files and found this one that I use. Must have been atached to some plane...13.8 Mg.
Hope this will help

dhazelgrove
June 11th, 2009, 13:23
i assume that the aliasing only works for the default aircraft , not addons

It works for any and all aircraft -- including add-ons.

Dave

UnknownGuest12
June 11th, 2009, 14:14
This sound file for hawk 45, the same I got and mentioned previously, can be found at harrierx.zip at flightsim.com.....

swimeye
June 12th, 2009, 00:35
Thanks for all the replies. I will take a look at the Harrier package mentioned by Beaufighter. :jump:

peter12213
June 12th, 2009, 10:43
if you have the skysim hawk the sounds are quite good out of that if you can add the carrier ops sounds