PDA

View Full Version : A6M5 for CFS 2

0865phillipjoy
June 8th, 2009, 06:11
Hi,

Has anyone got a good A6M5 they can recommend. It may be me, but the standard CFS 2 one seems like a poor cousin of the earlier zero. Was it so heavily armoured that it was as underpowered as it seems? And did it stall so very soon, and throw you into the sea at a whim?

Maybe I just gotta learn to handle a new plane but it seems odd that the Japs upgraded to something inferior. Did CFS2 get it right?

Help would be appreciated.

Philip Joy

miamieagle
June 8th, 2009, 16:45
Try this Overhaul the B24 Guy http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=The B24 Guy#download

miamieagle
June 8th, 2009, 20:36
Look in here http://www.simviation.com/cfs2aircraft115.htm and the B24 Guy Overhaul A6M5 Zero.:icon29:

0865phillipjoy
June 9th, 2009, 06:11
Thanks so much, its great when someone is kind-spirited enough to bother with simpletons like me who are still playing their way through CFS2. Ilike the overhaul and I've reskinned the Hellcats for the moment so they are easier to spot when playing in the hours of daylight!

Many thanks again.

Philip

hewman100
June 10th, 2009, 02:43
Shhhhh! We don't use the word simpleton around here, some of the regular inmates don't know what it means:icon_lol:

We have an easy policy here in the basement Philip, we were all newbies at one time and sometimes these things even slip past 'old hands'.

Remember: "The only stupid question is the unasked one"

You will always find someone here who can answer any queries you have.

Some in the past have brought to light some interesting ways of doing things that improved the sim for all.

miamieagle
June 10th, 2009, 06:29
I could not Agree with you more Hewman100!

You Guys have a good day!:ernae:

erufle
June 10th, 2009, 07:15
HEY! I'M RIGHT HEEEEEEEERE!

Geez, you guts talk like I can't hear.

Eoraptor1
June 10th, 2009, 16:18
Phil,

As a player aircraft, I recommend the 1% A6M5 zero with the RealityX module enabled. I use a B24Guy model with the 1% airfile and air config. I don't usually use the 1% DP, but I keep it available. NOTE: the 1% airfiles make for iffy AI; many of them can neither take off or land, and they tend to be iffy on bomb runs.

I also quite like Bruce Thorson's Zero airfiles. The stock Zeros are IMHO cheat planes because of their high speed rolls. I find Mr. Thorson's more believable; and they can also take off and land as AI. If you have any trouble finding these files, send me a PM.

JAMES