PDA

View Full Version : Wingmen wont attack or help or anything...

gamemaster406
June 7th, 2009, 08:45
I order them to attack planes, they say negative, I ask for help because I'm being attacked, they say no... No matter what mission I choose, even quick combat, they simply wont attack when I order them to... Do I have to reinstall the game or what?

-Mike

grizzly50
June 7th, 2009, 09:36
I order them to attack planes, they say negative, I ask for help because I'm being attacked, they say no... No matter what mission I choose, even quick combat, they simply wont attack when I order them to... Do I have to reinstall the game or what?

-Mike

:kilroy:Gamemaster406, don'e re-install the game. Nothing is wrong.

1. You have to select the target you want the wingmen to attack with Next Target or Previous Target, and then press "A".

2. The type of mission being flown is contained in the *.xml of the particulat mission you are flying. It may not "fit" the attack. Example: a bomber strike aircraft won't attack enemy fighters.

3. The type of aircraft is contained in each plane's XDP file: Fighter_bomber, tactical_bomber, etc. Certain planes won't do certain things.

4. When planes run out of ordnance and/or ammo, they won't attack.

I hope this helps.:d

gamemaster406
June 7th, 2009, 09:54
:kilroy:Gamemaster406, don'e re-install the game. Nothing is wrong.

1. You have to select the target you want the wingmen to attack with Next Target or Previous Target, and then press "A".

2. The type of mission being flown is contained in the *.xml of the particulat mission you are flying. It may not "fit" the attack. Example: a bomber strike aircraft won't attack enemy fighters.

3. The type of aircraft is contained in each plane's XDP file: Fighter_bomber, tactical_bomber, etc. Certain planes won't do certain things.

4. When planes run out of ordnance and/or ammo, they won't attack.

I hope this helps.:d

I'm using a group of P-51's and I have 5 wingmen attacking bf planes in quick combat. Even if I select a target they refuse to attack, I'll fool with some settings and try to figure it out.

Autothrottle
June 7th, 2009, 18:08
Hello guys,

I'm having the same problem with Aeroplane Heaven's Schmitfire that I just downloaded. I flew a stock mission in CFS3 called New Year's Bash and when the spitfires take of I figured my flight has something better; but the wingmen refuse to attack even when I select a target aircraft. They only split when I tell them to and they can't even defend themselves with a Schmitfire! I preferred it over the stock Fw190A-8 because the 190 has to charge up a zoom and boom attack profile to take on a spitfire. It really sucks in a tight turn. Aeroplane Heavens Schmitfire is way better than the stock 109, 190 and spitfire, but It takes a while to take down a stock aircraft because of its light ammo.

gamemaster406
June 7th, 2009, 18:45
Hello guys,

I'm having the same problem with Aeroplane Heaven's Schmitfire that I just downloaded. I flew a stock mission in CFS3 called New Year's Bash and when the spitfires take of I figured my flight has something better; but the wingmen refuse to attack even when I select a target aircraft. They only split when I tell them to and they can't even defend themselves with a Schmitfire! I preferred it over the stock Fw190A-8 because the 190 has to charge up a zoom and boom attack profile to take on a spitfire. It really sucks in a tight turn. Aeroplane Heavens Schmitfire is way better than the stock 109, 190 and spitfire, but It takes a while to take down a stock aircraft because of its light ammo.

What I did to fix this is I went into Quick Combat, and instead of me being the allies I used a German plane, and set the enemies as a US or RAF plane, then my wing men started to accept attack orders, then I just switched back to me being the allies and they accept orders as well.

Best regards,
Mike

OldCrow
June 7th, 2009, 21:33
Check the loadout. (in the menu right when you set your ammo and fuel loadout)It might say nothing, it has to say "Clean" or "empty" or "500lb Bomb", but it must have something there! Some times it has nothing at all.

rouge34rtw
June 20th, 2009, 08:53
I've found that proper tone and inflection, plus a few well placed obsceneties will most often inspire my subordinate pilots to procede as directed..............that and laying out a good arse whupping when neccessary...........:173go1::isadizzy:

ndicki
June 20th, 2009, 09:56
I've occasionally found aircraft that just won't attack. Always the same ones. It must be something in the XDP file, but they just won't - in QC, as described, with either clean or drop tanks.

Let me know if you find it!

gamemaster406
June 20th, 2009, 10:23
I've occasionally found aircraft that just won't attack. Always the same ones. It must be something in the XDP file, but they just won't - in QC, as described, with either clean or drop tanks.

Let me know if you find it!

What type of aircraft are you talking about, so I can test and see if it happens to me as well.

-Mike

ndicki
June 20th, 2009, 10:45
I seem to remember MAW Hurricanes did this now and then. I had it yesterday, but what was I flying...? Macchi 202. I think...