PDA

View Full Version : Bad news

Blondi
June 7th, 2009, 02:24
I am sorry to report that My father has had a Heart attack and stroke and is not expected to survive.I feel emotionaly drained at this point.He is given about two weeks or sooner.He is 85 so he has had a long life and I realize this was going to happen sooner or later.But when it happens it is like someone has ripped your insides out.He was a US Navy veteran and was on the Jeep Carrier Fanshaw Bay at Siapan when she took a 500 lb bomb through her flight deck which then exploded on her hanger deck where my Dad was at the time.He woke up laying under an aircraft which was parked nearbye.I will be going back up to northern Michigan soon to be closer to the hospital where he is at.It is going to be a rough couple of weeks.

Blondi

dvslats
June 7th, 2009, 02:53
That is sad news Blondi. Having gone through a very similar event in my life back in 2004 I can understand. All I can really say is that being there with him is very important. Stay strong, for your father and the family. He'll appreciate that.
Dv

OTTO
June 7th, 2009, 02:59
Very sorry to hear this,

My heartfelt sympathy and prayers are with you Blondi .
Be thankful of the time you had to spend with him & always cherish the good memories
that will last forever.
May the good Lord take him in his arms
OTTO

merlin2
June 7th, 2009, 03:08
Good Luck, Blondi,
one day at a time
merlin2

mariereid
June 7th, 2009, 03:49
Hi Blondi; My dad died last march, in a vet hosp. He was on HMCS Haida in Korea. It`s no fun when these things happen to our families. My mom is gone too. I say good morning to them every morning, thanks for all they did for me. Makes me feel better, I think they hear me. Hope for the best. I am sure when the time comes all these old salts meet again. Hang in there, Blondi.

Helldiver
June 7th, 2009, 04:05
Blondi. If it is any comfort to you, your Dad lived a full life and he is welcoming a rest. I say this as someone that had a stroke and will be 81 next Friday. The odds are the next stroke will do it for me. But I don't have a single regret. Just as long as my kids, grandkids and great grandchildern are all healthy and happy. What more can you ask out of a life?

Jaxon
June 7th, 2009, 05:30
@Blondi:

Very sorry to hear! Your family is in my thoughts the next weeks!

@Helldiver:

It sure is a gift, I think - when someone can say this about his life.
Great words!

Rami
June 7th, 2009, 06:27
Blondi,

My prayers are with you and your family during this time.

erufle
June 7th, 2009, 07:44
I feel your pain.

olaf1924
June 7th, 2009, 07:52
:USA-flag:Blondi my dad was a navy veteran also serving in the north atlantic and mto. The main thing I say is your dad survived the war like my dad. I am greatfull for the extra sixty years of life.

watchdog22
June 7th, 2009, 12:01
Hi Blondi, I'm saddened by your news and hope that things are not as bad as you feared. My Dad is 82 and a WWII veteran and he always says that every day since 1945 has been a bonus for him. Being a Vietnam Vet I agree whole heartedly. Our fathers were a part of dramatic history and are to be cherished and honoured.

Ravenna
June 7th, 2009, 16:20
Blondi,
Having just come from seeing my own father in hospital yesterday and spending time last night thinking about our time together I can only say that my thoughts are with you. Only you can know just what your father means to you, and that is something to cherish.

Blondi
June 7th, 2009, 20:02
Thank you all for your kind words,and prayers. I will try to remember the good times with him and I will get through this. I won't be online once I go up where he is so again thank you all very much.

Blondi

nearmiss
June 7th, 2009, 20:36
Sorry to hear your news.

My uncle died as a very young man on Saipan. He was in a half track that drove over a land mine.

He was a terrific guy is all I ever heard. It was several years after war before they brought his body home. He is buried in a little church graveyard. My mom has buried all her brothers and sisters now, and she is waiting on the Lord.

Your dad was very fortunate. You as well, him living a full life and all.

My prayers are with you and your family.

kelticheart
June 8th, 2009, 01:35
All of my heartfelt solidarity, Blondi.

I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my dad to a stroke in 2000, he was "only" 72 years old.

In spite of the pain that I still feel today, as I am writing tears are welling up in my eyes, I was always grateful it was not condemned to a wheelchair.

The important thing is what we do in life, him, like yours, worked all of his life for his family, and he was happy me and my mom had a good life thanks to him.

I am sure your dad feels the same way for he raised a family and has lots of people who love him and will always remember him.

KH

miamieagle
June 8th, 2009, 21:03
Blondi I lost my Father a long time ago. I hope God gives you the strength you need at this time and may your Father not suffer much.

As of your comment that your Father was a US Navy veteran and was on the Jeep Carrier Fanshaw Bay at Siapan when she took a 500 lb bomb through her flight deck. I find it very interesting since I believe you but I never read of any USA carrier been hit by Japanese planes during the Battle for Saipan. That shows you that many things that happen during WW2 are not written in Official Historical record.

God bless you!

crashaz
June 9th, 2009, 18:38
My condolences Blondi and prayers and thanks go out to your Dad and to the men of his generation.

dsawan
June 12th, 2009, 19:35
same here. thinking of you both.

hewman100
June 13th, 2009, 01:58
My sincerest condolences Blondi. You will both be in thoughts.

Blondi
June 15th, 2009, 11:46
I am sad to say that my Dad passed away June 11.He went quietly in his sleep. We had the funeral yesterday.

Blondi

Jaxon
June 15th, 2009, 12:22
That is sad to hear.
My parents are both well and alive and I fear the day loosing any or both of them - so I can only imagine the pain you feel right now.

You and your family is in our prayers!

Blondi, thanks for informing us.

mariereid
June 15th, 2009, 13:03
Very sorry, Blondi, but when you think about, that is the way we all want to go. Take care,Blondi:USA-flag:

rmalone
June 15th, 2009, 15:29
Blondi, very sorry to hear about your dad, You and your family will be in our prayers. Take care
Roy(RM)

Hern07
June 15th, 2009, 17:03
So very sorry Blondi. Don't feel bad for him, he has gone to a better place, eventhough you've been left behind to grieve. I lost both my parents at a comparitively early age and I can tell you the pain will lessen as time goes by. Meanwhile, you are in our prayers. :USA-flag: (at half staff)

OBIO
June 15th, 2009, 18:39
Blondi

My condolences to you and your family.

OBIO

Cody Coyote
June 15th, 2009, 19:30
You have my deepest sympathy Blondi. I lost my Dad 5 years ago and still think of him every day. I am thankful for the time we had together, especially near the end.

Peace be to you.

Ravenna
June 15th, 2009, 19:59
Blondi,
My deepest sympathy. You and youir family are in my thoughts.
Mike

Blue Devil
June 15th, 2009, 20:04
Do Not Stand at my Grave and Weep...

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

--- Anonymous American Indian ---

gedm
June 15th, 2009, 21:42
Blondi we are very sorry to hear about your fathers passing but as it's already been said, he's been relieved and is now able to truely rest.
Your family is in our prayers. :USA-flag:

kelticheart
June 15th, 2009, 23:01
My condolences to you and your family, Blondi.

If it might ease your pain, think he was spared physical pain and a long agony.

Gone in his sleep: everyone should pass away in such way. What scares me is not the end, but having to endure a lot of pain, which doesn't make any sense since we all have to go someday.

My dad went without pain as well, one minute he was enjoying a soccer game on TV, the next he was laying on the floor, gone.

I like to think it's a sort of gift from Above when one has led a honest, fulfilling life.

KH

dvslats
June 16th, 2009, 00:22
My heart felt condolences Blondi.
If I can share a little story, when I returned to work after my fathers passing a fellow employee there asked where I had been. (Days off of work) After I explained to him what had just happened and why I was gone, he said to me " ahh what's the big deal....it's only your old man." I stood there saying to him "WHAT?!" After the initial shock of this wore off it got me thinking how fortunate I was to have the kind of father I had, that actually put his family first with all things in life. After that incident, I did not feel the self sorrow the way it had been since the funeral. I felt more blessed to have had my Dad as a father. It's obvious this fellow worker will never know what that experience is like.
The point of this little story? You feel bad now because of the fact that your father was a good and caring man. Cherish that thought....You're a lucky person Blondi.
My Best To You And Your Family, Dv

Jean Bomber
June 16th, 2009, 03:01
Blondi

My condolences to you and your family.

JP

Blondi
June 16th, 2009, 06:29
Blondi I lost my Father a long time ago. I hope God gives you the strength you need at this time and may your Father not suffer much.

As of your comment that your Father was a US Navy veteran and was on the Jeep Carrier Fanshaw Bay at Siapan when she took a 500 lb bomb through her flight deck. I find it very interesting since I believe you but I never read of any USA carrier been hit by Japanese planes during the Battle for Saipan. That shows you that many things that happen during WW2 are not written in Official Historical record.

God bless you!

Hi Miami, Just type USS Fanshaw Bay into your search engine. Then check the Wickipedia site for it. It tells the whole story. Have a good one. Blondi:cost1:

miamieagle
June 16th, 2009, 07:32
I do not know what to say!

All I can say is that I wish him to rest in peace.

God bless you!

Blondi
June 17th, 2009, 06:56
Thank you all for your thoughts and Prayers. It has helped me to get through this.It will be a better day tomorrow.

Blondi:cost1:

Kofschip
June 17th, 2009, 07:45
Thank you all for your thoughts and Prayers. It has helped me to get through this.It will be a better day tomorrow.

Blondi:cost1:

Blondi,

You know we are with you and your family, no just for today but forever. Sometimes it is difficult to accept what life gives us as survivors, but realize that your father is in a better place now. May God bless you and your family.

K.