PDA

View Full Version : So I Get This Phone Call

harleyman
June 6th, 2009, 09:01
I answer and can barely hear him..........

Its Ted..Our own txnetcop.....

He called to say he was at an airshow in Texas, and just flew in an old DC-3

Then said that he had a few more rides to do and would call back to gloat some more...LOL

I'm sure there are going to be pics to follow...

THE BUM.........:bump:

Bjoern
June 6th, 2009, 09:04
That lucky ba+*#+d! :icon_lol:

BananaBob
June 6th, 2009, 09:28
Oh, that's just dirty, lol. :ernae:

Odie
June 6th, 2009, 09:45
I had to note that he said "rides", as in more than one......:icon_lol:

What a way to spend the day ! Good for him ! :ernae:

IanHenry
June 6th, 2009, 09:50
Some people have all the Luck!

Ian

Lionheart
June 6th, 2009, 10:04
Oh man!!!

Must be nice. He must be up in Wisconsin then? Big airshow going on up there..

Bill

cheezyflier
June 6th, 2009, 10:49
i was jealous at dc-3...
the idea of several more rides in other planes is too much to take.
...i'm going off to my closet to sulk in the dark! :running:

crashaz
June 6th, 2009, 11:01
Kinda busy looking after the parents this year. Next year though watch out... I am going to get that ride in that Collins Foundation P-51... then watch out... boy howdy will I gloat! :icon_lol:

txnetcop
June 6th, 2009, 13:49
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! More later...
Ted

MudMarine
June 6th, 2009, 14:03
I'm sure he wanted to do the perfectely insane thing......strap on a chute and....Stand up....Hook up.....Sound off for equipment check......then stand in the door.....AIRBORNE!!

txnetcop
June 6th, 2009, 14:20
It's funny how your mind goes back to those days Mud, because we still were jumping out of some old DC-3s at Fort Benning before the C-130s got there. The smells, the engine vibration, the wind buffeting just really brought back a flood of memories-made Donna sick though, but like a trooper she held it in!

Donna forgot our camera and I immediately asked for a divorce. Fortunately, I had the camera phone so I got in about 6 shots of the planes we rode today before the battery croaked. The DC-3(20 passengers), T-33-fully restored, Convair 340 fully restored, T-28 trojans in which I just showed a pick of my pilot's head while he was in pursuit of another T-28(yes, I got to handle controls for a few minutes)...by the way all the T-28 pilots were crazy Vietnam era Jarheads...it was awesome!

The Mid-Way Regional Airport in Midlothian, TX was asking for donations instead of charging a small fortune to ride their aircraft in honor of D-DAY! We ain't rich and had a great time on less than $200. Sorry about the pics guys you can PM txnetwife and chastise her!

harleyman
June 6th, 2009, 14:49
Like I said earlier.... Ya Dog.....:wavey: LOL

WOW..Thanks for the pics(slaps txnetwife on the head)....:kilroy:

I'm real glad you guys had a good day....It looks like you just had a grand time..... Good for you..

I just love the rumble and smell of those old radials when they fire up...

MudMarine
June 6th, 2009, 17:13
Now that my friends is what I call a GOOD DAY!!:applause: