PDA

View Full Version : I like "free" stuff

OBIO
June 5th, 2009, 21:23
Today, while logged onto my bank's online thingie, balancing my check book, I once again noticed the little blurb about the debit card rewards program. So, I took a peak at the program....pretty neat system. For every $2 I spend using my debit card to make a pinless purchase (basically when I use my debit card like a credit card) I get 1 reward point. So, I registered on the reward program site and found that I had 4244 points piled up since the reward program started some months ago. My wife and I picked out two classic Johnny Depp movies, "What's Eating Gilber Grape" and "Edward Scissorhands". That dropped my points down to nearly 1200 points. Just a few minutes ago, I logged back onto the reward site and took a look at the books they have to offer and found that they have over 3300 aviaton related books, 34,000 odd books on Military History. Took a look at computer related stuff, and they have the CH Pro foot pedal set for 18,000 points. Flight yokes, 4 engine throttle quadrants, joysticks, FSX Deluxe and Gold...a surprising selection of flight sim stuff.

This stuff ships free...so the movies we ordered today cost us nothing...all we had to do to get them was pay bills, buy gas and groceries and toilet paper, pet food and supplies, heck, even the donations I made to SOH and AVSim earned me points!

For those who have debit cards, take a look at what your bank offers. If they have a similar debit card rewards program, check it out. Free stuff is well worth looking into.

OBIO