PDA

View Full Version : Wings Over Ohio R/C Air Show

OBIO
June 5th, 2009, 11:47
Each year there is an R/C air show held at the airport in Shelby, Ohio. I heard about this show shortly after I moved to Mansfield, but have never attended...this will I will be going!

Here's a link to the site for anyone close enough to Shelby, Ohio who may be interested in attending this event this year or in the years to come.

http://www.techten.com/shelby/

OBIO

OOPs..link is to the event 3 years ago.

OBIO
June 5th, 2009, 12:45
Forget everything in my first post....my mother-in-law had it WAY wrong. Tomorrow is not the beginning of the RC Air Show....have no idea when that is. But tomorrow is the EAA Chapter 148 Fly In and Breakfast. 8 to noon. $5 for an all you can eat pancake breakfast. Just got off the phone with Tom, the president of the flying club that is hosting this event, and he is going to call in a favor or two and see if he can't find my a seat in a plane for my very first plane ride! They are expecting to have upwards of 100 planes, mostly ultr-light up through light-sport, there tomorrow...and all the planes will be parked so you can get up close to check them out, take pics, talk to the pilots.

So, if all goes well, this time tomorrow I will be doing a post about my first time in the air for real!

OBIO

TomSteber
June 5th, 2009, 13:56
Hey, sounds like fun. You'll have a blast and your flight simming will never be the same. It'll make it better.