PDA

View Full Version : David Carradine passed away.

Ferry_vO
June 4th, 2009, 06:26
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/04/AR2009060402049.html

:frown:

Lionheart
June 4th, 2009, 06:33
Quai Cheng Cain.

Awesome actor.. This is sad.

I grew up on Kung Fu. What an amazing series. Stories upon stories about life, inner strength and peace, survival, the good in life...

May his soul rest in peace..

Bill

Daveroo
June 4th, 2009, 07:49
my local news is making this sound suspisious(whew big word for me)...the US cousolet wont comment on cause or method of death and the thia government was realll fast to say he hung himself and my local news talked to someone who was "hinting" that he may have been "assasinated"

MudMarine
June 4th, 2009, 07:58
Oh no......Grasshopper.......very sad!

gera
June 4th, 2009, 07:58
Great Actor....May he be in Godīs Home......

TomSteber
June 4th, 2009, 09:25
Unfortunately, he hung himself. Very sad.

cheezyflier
June 4th, 2009, 09:58
Quai Cheng Cain.

Awesome actor.. This is sad.

I grew up on Kung Fu. What an amazing series.

me too, but the sequel "the legend continues" was pretty awful.
although he is best remembered for his role as cain, he was an awesome actor who did some great parts in some pretty cool movies.
the long riders, he played cole younger. i loved that movie.
he was in lone wolf mquade, death race 2000, he was in "Q"
(a monster movie)and armed response. look at his page on imdb, he was a busy man. alchohol kicked his butt though.

my local news is making this sound suspisious(whew big word for me)...the US cousolet wont comment on cause or method of death and the thia government was realll fast to say he hung himself and my local news talked to someone who was "hinting" that he may have been "assasinated"

this reminds me of a headline i saw on an internet site when pat morita died:
Mr. Miagi dead; Cobra kai wanted for questioning

Snuffy
June 4th, 2009, 10:12
He didn't just "pass away" ... at this point it appears suicide.

So long Grasshopper. :engel016:

deathfromafar
June 4th, 2009, 10:21
Very sad news.....

:engel016:

OBIO
June 4th, 2009, 11:25
Rest In Peace, Grasshopper. You can drop the pebble now, you no longer need to carry that weight around.

OBIO

Kiwikat
June 4th, 2009, 11:40
Sad news indeed. I love watching the DVD's of Kung Fu. His work will survive the generations.

cheezyflier
June 4th, 2009, 19:54
sadder than suicide, he went the route of michael hutchins:
http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0818207

Kiwikat
June 4th, 2009, 20:49

Wow... uh...

Cerberus
June 4th, 2009, 23:09
Dang, my brothers and I would all pile up in front of the T.V. to watch Kung-Fu growing up.

hey_moe
June 5th, 2009, 02:19
I don't understand why a person of that age that had so much going for him would strip down to nothing and hang himself. What kind of statement is that sending the public.I too enjoyed watching him in his earlier movies and his brothers too.I hope he is at peace with himself now...Mike

Terry
June 5th, 2009, 02:36

Rather hard to believe for a 72 year old! Suspicious.

Odie
June 5th, 2009, 10:49
If you get the chance to watch the History International channel, they often will run the Wild West Tech series that David and Keith Carradine hosted.

Keith was the original host and David took up the duties after him. The transition episode was very good with Keith poking fun at David's "Kung Fu" role as he handed over the host duties.

Interesting series with a bit of tongue-in-cheek hosting by the Carradine brothers.

demorier
June 5th, 2009, 19:20
His death is getting weirder by the day.

Zevious Zoquis
June 6th, 2009, 10:38
It's a sad thing when this happens (referring to the whole autoerotic asphyxsiation deal). What a way for someone to end a decades long career...now Carradine is "that actor who accidently hung himself while masturbating"...its like no matter what you did for your entire life, once it ends that way it was all for not.