WuhWuzDat
October 16th, 2008, 17:40
Yes, I'm OK, but my poor Mazda was DOA.

Jeff

N2056
October 16th, 2008, 17:58
Ouch!

Glad to hear you were not injured :applause:

So the other person rear-ended you? If so, it's their fault. I hate tailgaters to the point that if you get on my butt I'll either slow down gradually & drive you into changing lanes, or I'll move so that you are not up my exhaust!:costumes:

One of the big reasons I left my last job (that involved driving a service truck) was that I was fed up with having to drive amidst a lot of people all day long that had no idea how to drive! :banghead:

Cloud9Gal
October 16th, 2008, 18:12
Yikes! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/surprised/yikes.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)Glad to hear you didn't get hurt!! From the picture, your car took quite a hit from that "rear-ending".:isadizzy:

WuhWuzDat
October 16th, 2008, 18:15
yes, it took 2 substantial hits, 1 from the pickup that hit me, the other from the tree I bounced off of afterwards.

Cloud9Gal
October 16th, 2008, 18:20
yes, it took 2 substantial hits, 1 from the pickup that hit me, the other from the tree I bounced off of afterwards.

Please don't get mad at me, but "that" mental image made me bust out laughing....:redf:

OBIO
October 16th, 2008, 18:41
WahWuzDat

Glad you came out of that unhurt. Having a nurse for a wife, I hear about emergency medicine all the time...so I will give you this advice. Stay alert for any stiffness, soreness, loss of mobility, dizziness, blurred vision, loss of balance. Neurological injuries can take days, even weeks, to manifest after a car crash. Wiplash is the biggie...especially in incidents involving being rear ended. Any sign of any of the things I listed above, get to your doctor, get it checked, get it documented and get in touch with the party who hit you, your insurance company and their insurance company. Even though you may have come out of this accident without any visible signs of injury, and if the EMTs checked you over or if you were taken to the emergency room as a standard practice...there may be some delayed injuries that manifest. I hope this is not the case, but just giving you the best advice I know to give to help you protect yourself in case something does come along shortly.

OBIO

cheezyflier
October 16th, 2008, 18:47
glad you are ok! i hope things work out well :isadizzy: :banghead:

lifejogger
October 16th, 2008, 18:55
I am glad you were not hurt and I hope the other guy has insurance.

luckydog
October 16th, 2008, 21:41
Thought you were talking about a foot-ball game at first......

Glad you're OK !!!!

smoores
October 16th, 2008, 22:23
Thank goodness your ok. That looked like a nasty hit.

Snuffy
October 17th, 2008, 05:14
Thought you were talking about a foot-ball game at first......

Glad you're OK !!!!

Ummm .... Me too ... :redf:

But after having viewed that picture, all I have to say is, I'm sorry for you, glad you're okay, and now you know why I drive a full sized pickup truck.

My truck has been hit 6 times in its life. (1995 bought brand new) I have yet to take it to a body shop for repairs, my damages were so minor that you can not tell that the truck was hit. Most I got from those accidents is the rubber bumper strip was cut in a couple places on the front and back bumpers.
:isadizzy:

Gdavis101
October 17th, 2008, 09:01
I am not fond of tailgaters! People are so impatient, I was watching a guy this morning.. He had to pass 3 or four cars and then got stuck in front of me behind an old couple doing 55.. He couldn't have been more than 3 feet away from their bumper, rode their tail all the way into Newport! To make matters worse the roads were a tad icy in spots..