PDA

View Full Version : VC too high

Bone
June 2nd, 2009, 05:06
I have a port over that needs the VC lowered. The plane is the right height when looking at it from the external view, but when "sitting" in the VC it is too high off of the ground, and it towers over the other planes by a good bit. Is this a simple CFG tweek, or something else?

Dangerous Beans
June 2nd, 2009, 05:58
You can adjust the eyepoint in the [Views] section of the aircraft.cfg

But if I understand you correctly the actual model of the VC is too high off the ground so that wont work as you will end up not being able to see over the dashboard.

In that case I dont think theres anything you can do as its built into the model and is something the original author would have to fix.

BTW what plane is it and douse it have the same problem in FS9 ?

spotlope
June 2nd, 2009, 07:44
Yep, Beans is right. The height of the VC off the ground is hard-coded into the model. Without the original source, you're outta luck.

Tim_Horton
June 2nd, 2009, 08:13
or you could contact the developer, I am sure he/she has the files kicking around... your never "out of luck"

spotlope
June 2nd, 2009, 08:57
I'm all for unbridled optimism, but if you can't get your hands on the developer or the source files, you're as out of luck as it gets.

Tim_Horton
June 2nd, 2009, 09:48
it might help if you post what plane your talking about, you would be surprised who knows who these days.