PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Sims, new Sims3

Lionheart
June 2nd, 2009, 00:15
For those of you that play the Sims, the Sims3 is about out.

And... Its available for Mac as well. :d

Said to have excellent frame rates...

q4Lbu1bWJB8

Lewis-A2A
June 2nd, 2009, 00:35
On the list for birthday present for the Mrs, she eats this kind of stuff up

Cerberus
June 2nd, 2009, 06:41
Can the new version let me recruit an army and become world dictator? I require more action than telling my character when to go to sleep and to use the bathroom.

6297J
June 2nd, 2009, 07:19
Absolutely one for the girls :sleep:

FengZ
June 2nd, 2009, 08:00
cool, it's finally out!

I did a bunch of look-n-feel development on this project for EA. They wanted Sims3 to look more realistic. My job was to help define what made each "area" look and feel different...through lighting, architecture, etc.

The final game looks great!

here are some paintings i did from the "burbs USA" series...

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/fs2004/fzd_sims3_01.jpg

my personal favorite....The dood's showing off while both girls are doing the "uh-huh...yeeahh..."

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/fs2004/fzd_sims3_02.jpg

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/fs2004/fzd_sims3_03.jpg

-feng

Odie
June 2nd, 2009, 08:19
My son's ex-girlfriend loved the Sims series, so he got SIMS 2 loaded up on his PC and she created their virtual personas in the game....within a month she had killed their virtual kids and finally the virtual pair of them in-game....Seems the virtual family had a fondness for kitchen fires when left unattended..

I told him it was time to get a new girlfriend......

Lionheart
June 2nd, 2009, 09:01
Awesome artwork Feng!

Yes, girls and ladies tend to really get into the game. Alot of guys do to, lol.. Many will not own up to that.

Personally, I do not have the game, but I see 10 versions of it at Walmart and see its success and wonder what its about. I happened to watch the intro movie and was really impressed by the new features.

You have multiple houses
A complete town or small city
You can drive accross town and nothing 'loads up' in new area's. They simply show up as you drive through them.
You can go to neighbors homes or work etc

Looks like a bit of fun. I was thinking of how you could drive around in the game. Imagine this in a future release of FS, if the 'game engine' was compatible. You could have a virtual pilots life (family at home) flying to another country, etc. Driving instead of flying, flying instead of driving. A virtual life where dreams are possible.

That was my thoughts and reflections on it.

Ferry_vO
June 2nd, 2009, 10:04
Absolutely one for the girls :sleep:

Sometimes it's fun to put six or so opposing characters in a house, lock the doors, strip them of some of the essentials (Food, toilet etc..) and watch 'em freak out. :d

Just as a break from the career/family building type of gameplay the game was intended for of course! :engel016:

cheezyflier
June 2nd, 2009, 12:19
my stepson used to put them in the pool and delete the ladder. then after they died he'd bring em back as zombies:icon_lol: