PDA

View Full Version : I am not a painter....

Navy Chief
May 30th, 2009, 13:54
I am finally getting around to painting my garage (should've done so a year ago). Am having to hand brush the primer coat. It's T-111 plywood siding, and is soaking up the Kilz like you wouldn't believe. The garage has an apartment too, where my 87 year old father in law lives. Anyway, my wife laughs whenever I paint, because I end up with seemingly more on me, than on the building. Thank God for water-based paint, or I'd be screwed. As it is, I'll be scrubbing for a while to get it all off. Am almost totally done with the primer coat. I plan on applying the final coat with an electric sprayer. This 4" brush business stinks!!! A roller wouldn't have worked. Just can't get into the corners good enough.

I would never get work as a painter. But I will post pictures of the finished job!

NC

Tako_Kichi
May 30th, 2009, 14:05
That's why I do all my painting in photoshop! :rolleyes:

Navy Chief
May 30th, 2009, 14:13
Oh, were it just that easy...........

NC

lifejogger
May 30th, 2009, 14:28
One of the best things I learned while going to College was how to paint, that is how I paid my way through school, painting dorm rooms class rooms etc. for the college. I have put that to good use painting rooms, houses, garages etc, these last 38 years of marriage. Hang in there it soon will be done and then you can stand back admire your work.

Navy Chief
May 30th, 2009, 15:21
Lifejogger,

I am already amazed at what I have done! Considering I have put this off for so long, and usually go the route of couch potato, this is real results for me. Now, if I can just figure out the proper consistency for the Wagner paint sprayer, I'll have it licked.

NC

Panther_99FS
May 30th, 2009, 15:47
That's why I do all my painting in photoshop! :rolleyes:

:icon_lol:...

Snuffy
May 30th, 2009, 15:58
Something to be said for spray guns ... :)

Navy Chief
May 30th, 2009, 17:15
I initially wanted to do the primer coat with the sprayer, but opted to brush it instead. Took me a lot longer, but I think the siding needed it.

NC

Snuffy
May 30th, 2009, 18:07
They've outlawed T-111 plyboard for housing here in FLA ... When I was looking to buy, one of the houses I wanted had T-111 I was told that within 6 months of buying the place I would have to replace all the exterior siding ...

Well I knew that would never happen, so I opted out of that one and found a different one ... the one I ended with I think is a little more weather proof ... cinder block :)