PDA

View Full Version : Who's using Win 7.0?

TeaSea
May 25th, 2009, 07:58
Just curious to see what you think. I'd like to try it but I'm a little hesitant to put it on my primary system.

txnetcop
May 25th, 2009, 09:59
Windows 7 RC 64 bit, no problems to report. Runs all my games(when I have a chance to play them) and business software just fine so far. I have it also running one server in the Physicians Network, works great.
Ted

BPbobafett1982
May 25th, 2009, 10:08
Been Running the 64-bit RC1 for a little while now and so far no complaints. But I've kept my Vista install on my other hard drive just in case of unforeseen circumstances.

Game wise I've seen performance increases here and there, graphics and load times. This is of course against the same setup running under a vista ultimate 64 environment.

hey_moe
May 25th, 2009, 11:35
I have been using Window7/64bit as my main OS since it was released. It has not miss a beat since I installed it. Runs all games and FSX fine. I haven't had a program yet that didn't work with it so far..Mike

RickN
May 25th, 2009, 20:47
I am running it on my test rig without problems.

So far seems OK with no problems, but I still wish I could set everything to the old Windows classic mode. I think this is one thing that is going to cost MS some business customers.

Why spend the time and money to train everyone on the new system when you could train them for Linux and get a free OS.

crashaz
May 25th, 2009, 20:48
Running Win7 32-bit RC1.... all programs installed... no problems. :wavey:

Gdavis101
May 25th, 2009, 22:03
I have to ask again, is it possible to install Windows 7 64 over Vista 32 without it creating any problems? I don't want to have to reinstall FSX if I can help it, it does exist on its own drive so it would be safe.

Francois
May 25th, 2009, 22:43
I'm running it on a test machine for 7 months or so now.
Runs fine and no problems with FSX.

BUT...... the 'beta' will only run for a year and after that you'll have to re-install (and pay, of course).

So I will re-install Vista for the time being and 'think' about when (and if) getting W7 permanently. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
May 26th, 2009, 00:22
Good to hear all the positive comments.

Bill

TeaSea
May 26th, 2009, 15:31
I'm running it on a test machine for 7 months or so now.
Runs fine and no problems with FSX.

BUT...... the 'beta' will only run for a year and after that you'll have to re-install (and pay, of course).

So I will re-install Vista for the time being and 'think' about when (and if) getting W7 permanently. :icon_lol:

Yes that's the catch isn't it....

Thanks for the good feedback. I've checked some other sites and folks seem to all think it far more stable and faster than Vista.

crashaz
May 26th, 2009, 21:02
Honestly I would buy a new drive... and install Win7 on it... then you can still dual boot Win7 x64 and Vista32.

Drives are cheap nowdays... and buys piece of mind knowing you can fall back to Vista at anytime.

just my 2 cents. :wavey:

Gdavis101
May 27th, 2009, 15:28
Man, I got myself all psyched up the other night to install Windows 7 over Vista 32, actually had the disk in the drive... Went back to my XP machine to check email and found that there was some issue with a MSVCRT.DLL that won't allow Windows Live Mail to open correctly.. As the night went on I did everything under the sun and on the internet to fix it, but to no avail I was not able to repair... Needless to say I had to rethink installing Windows 7 on my other computer just based on how my night was going, so I didn't.

TeaSea
May 27th, 2009, 16:04
Honestly I would buy a new drive... and install Win7 on it... then you can still dual boot Win7 x64 and Vista32.

Drives are cheap nowdays... and buys piece of mind knowing you can fall back to Vista at anytime.

just my 2 cents. :wavey:

crashaz

Those are a good 2 pennies. I'm considering doing just that with the external HDD that I use for data. If anyone has any experience with running an OS from an external drive I'd be interested in hearing how that works.