PDA

View Full Version : 'Ickie - Please Say It Ain't So!...'

Panther_99FS
May 23rd, 2009, 10:27
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521419,00.html?test=latestnews

Dangerousdave26
May 23rd, 2009, 10:34
In the State of Ohio when Trapping for animals you are required to check your traps twice a day. I don't know about New Jersey but it would surprise me if it is not the same.

Snuffy
May 23rd, 2009, 11:17
This is Stupid. :173go1:

Lazerbrainz2k3
May 23rd, 2009, 11:30
Here in NJ, for some unbelievable reason squirrels - one of the most prolific pests around - are a protected species, so it's no surprise to me that those charges were filed. I ought to know. Twice in the last year squirrels have decided to chew through my car's fuel line in blatant assassination attempts. Because of that satanic rule, I couldn't take the old man's pellet gun out and return the favor after the first attempt, so it was just three weeks ago that the second event happened.

We're having a tree cut down next to the driveway which seems to have a squirrel nest in it, but I'd feel better shooting a few of them and leaving their decapitated little heads on little poles as a warning to their friends.

Ferry_vO
May 23rd, 2009, 11:53
So that's why Ickies' squirrell keeps himself thoroughly 'hydrated'!

:icon_lol:

cheezyflier
May 23rd, 2009, 11:58
c'mon up here to the 3rd largest city on the continent. here, it is not just squirrels. it's coons and skunks. until recently we had coyotes, no kidding.

MudMarine
May 23rd, 2009, 12:19
New York is twice a day, morning and evening.

Drake
May 23rd, 2009, 12:43
I was arrested for squashing some ants yesterday. Cops didn't buy the home invasion story.

TARPSBird
May 23rd, 2009, 13:06
The squirrel's family will probably file a "wrongful death" civil suit against the owner of the pest control company. ;)

Gramps
May 23rd, 2009, 17:18
The squirrel's family will probably file a "wrongful death" civil suit against the owner of the pest control company. ;)

And they'll prolly win!! :bump:

Kofschip
May 24th, 2009, 07:35
Death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, they are just tree rats.........:a1451: :pop4: :engel016:

Daveroo
May 24th, 2009, 08:48
I was arrested for squashing some ants yesterday. Cops didn't buy the home invasion story.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...loved that one

Daveroo
May 24th, 2009, 08:50
i love my squirrels....theyre my buddies...i feed em in a lil box..and when i have my door open there are two of em that come up on the steps and lay down on the top step and relax....also have coon,skunk and a mountain lion that seems to like my yard...ack

Cazzie
May 24th, 2009, 08:59
Tree rats, you'll really grow to love them after they have gnawed a walnut sized hole in your facia and started gallivanting all over your attic, gnawing boxes, knocking things over and just causing general havoc!

Thanks be to God, I can kill the pests with my .22-cal air rifle. Good riddance, eat all my bird food too! Sad P., but 'em Yankees do got some ridiculous laws on their books. Down here, squirrels are cleaned, gutted, and parboiled and used in Brunswick stew.

Caz

stiz
May 24th, 2009, 09:12
Death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, death to squirrels, they are just tree rats.........:a1451: :pop4: :engel016:

Death to GREY squirrels, death to GREY squirrels :sniper:

The red ones are lovly little things :engel016:

Wittpilot
May 24th, 2009, 09:12
Anybody watch Scrubs??? The janitor and his squirrel army?

Kofschip
May 25th, 2009, 05:38
Death to GREY squirrels, death to GREY squirrels :sniper:

The red ones are lovly little things :engel016:

Yes, I have heard that you have some problems with "our" grey squirrels.....:kilroy:

Tako_Kichi
May 25th, 2009, 09:03
The NA grey squirrel is a major problem in the UK. They are larger and far more aggressive than the native reds and have forced the reds out of almost all of their native habitats. They also carry diseases that the reds do not.

The grey population explosion means that they now outnumber the native reds by a whopping 66 to 1!

See this link for more info...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4635330.stm

brad kaste
May 25th, 2009, 09:24
If nothing else, squirrels sure know their geometry and trigonometry solid. For some time now I've been trying to prevent squirrels from jumping off the roof edge in order to land on the bird feeder. Putting on a swivel, clear plastic cap on top of the feeder has helped some what. Plus,....I layered on a thick, non-running lube grease on the upper part of the bird feeder pole. It takes a moment or two for them to realize after passing over the 'grease-field' what they've gotten themselves into. Quite humorous. But they do per server and stay consistent in trying to reach the bird feed.

Kofschip
May 25th, 2009, 13:00
If nothing else, squirrels sure know their geometry and trigonometry solid. For some time now I've been trying to prevent squirrels from jumping off the roof edge in order to land on the bird feeder. Putting on a swivel, clear plastic cap on top of the feeder has helped some what. Plus,....I layered on a thick, non-running lube grease on the upper part of the bird feeder pole. It takes a moment or two for them to realize after passing over the 'grease-field' what they've gotten themselves into. Quite humorous. But they do per server and stay consistent in trying to reach the bird feed.

My wife likes to feed the birds, but I am sick and tired of the expensive squirrel eating habits. But now I have a good squirrel killing machine. She is a 7 month old 10 lb Main Coon kitten, about 3 ft long and she loves to go after the squirrels. She is faster than the squirrels......... Things have been here pretty quiet lately.:bump:

Ickie
May 25th, 2009, 13:37
Beer Battered Squirrel, umm umm good.:ernae:

Kofschip
May 25th, 2009, 15:54
Beer Battered Squirrel, umm umm good.:ernae:

Next you'll tell me that you are going after "flattened squirrels", I can't handle it....:barf:

GT182
May 25th, 2009, 17:27
I've an understanding withthe squirrels around here. I feed em peanuts and in return they leave my stuff alone. And it's working so far. :d I even get to hand feed a couple of em in the fall when they come back.

I just want to get rid of that dam Great Blue Heron that keeps checking out my Koi pond in the morning. Keeps on and it'll be in the freezer for next Thanksgiving. :engel016:

Kofschip
May 26th, 2009, 10:46
I've an understanding withthe squirrels around here. I feed em peanuts and in return they leave my stuff alone. And it's working so far. :d I even get to hand feed a couple of em in the fall when they come back.

I just want to get rid of that dam Great Blue Heron that keeps checking out my Koi pond in the morning. Keeps on and it'll be in the freezer for next Thanksgiving. :engel016:

I tried the peanut and corn route, did not work with NJ Squirrels......:isadizzy:

Now with that blue heron, you can do something if your pond is not too large, mine is about 8' by 10'. After I lost 20 of 26 very mature and tame goldfish (12" range), I put a black plastic net over the pond weighed down with rocks on the perimeter. The heron got caught in the net.......... :greenf: .......... :redfire: ...........and never came back........:bump:

GT182
May 26th, 2009, 12:58
Kofs, I do have a net over it. Lots of little uns it can eat but not the 23 inchers(2 of them). And I'm waitng for that darned bird to get caught in the net. It surely won't be back if that happens. The Cop next door said do what ya gotta do.... and I will..... The Great Blue Thanksgiving Turkey. :d

Kofschip
May 26th, 2009, 17:28
Put another net over it, about one foot higher on stakes and so that it easily breaks loose from the stakes. Let the blue one wander into that one and then you can share a great blue Thanksgiving turkey with your neighbor. Watch out for his wings though, they pack a whallop.:monkies:

Trans_23
May 26th, 2009, 19:03
Get a squirrel launch (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2025772378)for the little fellas!

brad kaste
May 27th, 2009, 13:06
Another link,...jus' got it today.
http://travisab1.multiply.com/video/item/73/The_Mississippi_Squirrel_Revival.flv

Kofschip
May 27th, 2009, 15:34
Trans and Brad, I got tears in my eyes from laughing. THANKS :ernae:

I like the squirrel launch, got to see what I can use for a trigger.:icon_lol:

mcjerkyls
May 28th, 2009, 17:12
for bird feeders on poles, my grandfather has rigged some aluminum around the pole in a conical shape, extending up and outwards...badda bing no more squirrels eating the bird feed...you can also fan out the ends to "discourage" jumpers

Cerberus
May 28th, 2009, 18:24
I can’t stand squirrels and I make it a habit to hunt them whenever I can. We even had a Spring Squirrel season this year that I indulged in.

Funny story, when I was growing up my dad went to war with the squirrels that were getting into our antic and chewing and running around and making noise driving us crazy. Even up until he passed away he was getting rid of them with CB .22lr ammo. Out of season or not they had to go, and we didn’t have the money to do it any other way. Being an X law enforcement officer he wasn’t very concerned with getting in trouble and I’m sure the neighbors never knew he was getting them with that quiet ammo, but last I knew he had gotten at least 60 lol.

Articles like this only encourage animal cruelty, at least after reading it I’m regretting May squirrel season ended last week.