PeteHam
May 22nd, 2009, 20:14
What the .......... ! !

:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Pete.

Cloud9Gal
May 22nd, 2009, 20:36
LOL! Gotta admire his tenacity and perserverance :applause:

Have you ever experienced the "polar bear" effect? I did and loved every minute of it...until I had to get out of the water....:eek:

luckydog
May 22nd, 2009, 22:03
the " Naked Ice Fishing Club " has been around forever......

I was a member back in the 80's. First time out, I caught 50 lbs of ice !!

Brought it home and fried it up.............ruined the kitchen floor.

PS.... C9G, how long does it take to get outa them shoes ???

Matt Wynn
May 23rd, 2009, 04:04
PS.... C9G, how long does it take to get outa them shoes ???

looks like a 5 minute jobby to me, undoing my assault boots is a bit longer at 8 minutes, tie a loose double knot and still need a fork to loosen the darned thing at the end of the day :isadizzy: they are some pretty classy shoes though! (C9G's that is not my assaulters:icon_lol:)

darn thats gotta be cold! i've swam in a semi-frozen river before and fetched my mutt from a semi-frozen canal, mid winter in December pretty nippy, but then again i enjoy the cold, hope he remembered his goose fat......

Snuffy
May 23rd, 2009, 08:11
I did something like this unintentionally one year ... as kids we were running down a frozen creek in the area never suspecting a thing when I found some thin ice and needless to say ... disappeared from sight.

I wasn't in the water long enough to experience the "polar bear" effect, my only thoughts were getting out of that water so that the 50 pounds of winter clothing my mother insisted I wear, wouldn't drag me any farther under than I had already gone ...

Unexpected as it was, it wasn't any fun ... now if I was expecting or something I had intention of doing it might be a different story, I dunno ... haven't had that luxury yet.

Mebbe one day ... who knows.

Matt Wynn
May 23rd, 2009, 10:44
its actually quite good to swim in cold water, wakes you up and kicks in that survival instinct, i think most of us have done a few daft things in our lives, i still do... every now and then i disappear for a week, taking just a water bottle, some rope, and the other bits of my survival kit and 'roughing it' it's envigorating, makes you feel alive... sure it scares my family senseless when they notice my bergen has disappeared, but for their shock/horror i'm out there enjoying myself, hard to do survival training too over here every 20 miles there seems to be a darned farm or some form of settlement :kilroy: i come across one, i skirt round but only after last light :)........... iced over water is dangerous, always look carefully where you step and test the ice... otherwise well the saying "freeze the ba**s off a brass monkey" comes to mind.......