May 21st, 2009, 18:53
http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2009/05/airforce_kolligian_051709/

HundertzehnGustav
May 21st, 2009, 23:14
tough Guy
thumbs up... double thumbs up!

sandar
May 21st, 2009, 23:42
I can empathise with this guy as I suffered a very similar injury, not through flying, but from sudden impact. I ruptured the same disc C5/6, however I also ruptured T2/3, L3/4, L4/5, L5/6 and fractured my sacrum as well as L's3,5 and 6. The pain, well, I won't go there.

The risks of operating to repair the damage are too high, so I didn't have it done either. At least I can now walk, although always in pain and I have to use my wheelchair when outside as standing for more than a few minutes can cause a temporary paralysis. I too, have the headaches, tingling, numbness. I also have a far larger waistline than I had before the accident.

Blackbird686
May 22nd, 2009, 02:28
The Right Stuff....:medals:

BB686:USA-flag:

stansdds
May 22nd, 2009, 02:34
That's an incredible story and unfortunately it will prematurely end his career.

Snuffy
May 22nd, 2009, 03:04
:salute:

kilo delta
May 22nd, 2009, 05:12
I can empathise with this guy as I suffered a very similar injury, not through flying, but from sudden impact. I ruptured the same disc C5/6, however I also ruptured T2/3, L3/4, L4/5, L5/6 and fractured my sacrum as well as L's3,5 and 6. The pain, well, I won't go there.

The risks of operating to repair the damage are too high, so I didn't have it done either. At least I can now walk, although always in pain and I have to use my wheelchair when outside as standing for more than a few minutes can cause a temporary paralysis. I too, have the headaches, tingling, numbness. I also have a far larger waistline than I had before the accident.

Similiar story to mine. In May 2008 I suffered an injury to my neck, damaging the discs C3-C4,C4-C5,C6-C7. I suffered extreme pain,pins and needles down both arms,a loss of sensation and muscle wasting.The lower disc between c6-7 was deemed irreparable so it was replaced with a prosthetic disc....got me a nice scar on my neck where they cut my throat in order to access the disc.:isadizzy:
8 months after the op and I'm still in a lot of pain, though I've regained full mobility and sensation down my arms. :(