PDA

View Full Version : New DHC-5 Buffalo at Premier

Joe P
October 15th, 2008, 17:03
FSX version here: http://www.premaircraft.com/dhc5_FSX/index.html

CG_1976
October 15th, 2008, 17:13
Ah been waiting for this. Another SAR bird for my hanger. Thank you the HU.:applause:

Marlin
October 15th, 2008, 17:57
Is this there first true FSX bird???? :jump::applause::jump:

Man I sure hope so!

Edit: groan, I don't see any shadows :(

BananaBob
October 15th, 2008, 18:21
Bummer, I only see one model file in there? So it's ported?

MCDesigns
October 15th, 2008, 18:36
Bummer, I only see one model file in there? So it's ported?

Bummer! :banghead:

How can it be FSX only when using the FS9 makemdl? :isadizzy:

Tako_Kichi
October 15th, 2008, 19:29
Just tried this in FSX with Accel and had clouds in front of props, missing fuselage (inner) in VC, missing fuselage (inner) when looking in the rear doors in external view, gauges on co-pilot side in VC set 3-4" back from the panel fascia when viewed from the pilot's seat. :banghead:

Needless to say it is no longer installed. :isadizzy:

DennyA
October 15th, 2008, 21:50
I talked to those guys and asked if they were going to move to true FSX models. They said they're retirees doing it as a hobby, and the expense and learning curve of switching to FSX tools was prohibitive. Basically, they said if the interest in FS9 SDK models dwindled, they'd stop building planes, rather than update.

Which is just fine, and I don't begrudge them that as well. However, it'd be nice if they'd label the planes as "FS9 adapted for FSX compatibility."

tigisfat
October 15th, 2008, 22:19
We should consider ourselves blessed in the sense that we have such high fidelity and quality aircraft out these days. It allows our standards to be set pretty friggin' high when it comes to what we expect from useable FSX aircraft. I would've killed for an aircraft of this quality only a few short years ago, but now all I can think of is that's it's another aircraft that would only increase the amount of time it takes to load my aircraft select thumbnails. That, and it wouldn't look good next to my newer Alphasim, Aerosoft and CLS products.

Still,
I applaud these men for their effort, and I'm thankful that they made this aircraft available.

CG_1976
October 15th, 2008, 22:52
As a FSX user Classification dont matter to me. This a rare AC and a fine one. My saying on the subject of pure is easy the eye is the beholder. Ive always been a fan of premier aircraft and always will be. Thank you for all the Hard modeling work Premier and adding many hours of enjoyment to my hanger with many more for the future.:applause:

Roger
October 15th, 2008, 23:24
I agree entirely with Denny's comments. As I now fly exclusively in FsX Dx10.1 minor errors in the visual models in Dx9c are usually acceptable once the prop alphas have been darkened but in Dx10.1 textures may not show at all, untextured parts show blue, alphas for shininess increase transparency in Dx10.1 and many Fs9 models have now been removed for my FsX install.
Manuele's Ansaldo shows all textures perfectly in Dx10.1 and that is an Fs9 model so it can be done.

CG_1976
October 16th, 2008, 00:31
Ok ive been flyin this buffalo and found a error that was mentioned reguarding the VC and textures. Heres a unoffical fix. Go to the Fs9 thread Sticky titled the same and dl the Fs9 Version. Do a simple texture swap and bingo no more missing textures. I'll have to make a note to Premier on the issue and see if we can get a patch.

MCDesigns
October 16th, 2008, 05:02
I'm with Denny also, and don't begrudge them their hobby, just wish they would relabel their models so new users don't get confused or the wrong idea.

Railrunner130
October 16th, 2008, 06:36
Very cool! I know many people have been waiting for a Buffalo for a long time!

I'll put this to work right away!

Many thanks to the Premaircraft guys!

:ernae:

gajit
October 16th, 2008, 08:17
We should consider ourselves blessed in the sense that we have such high fidelity and quality aircraft out these days. It allows our standards to be set pretty friggin' high when it comes to what we expect from useable FSX aircraft. I would've killed for an aircraft of this quality only a few short years ago, but now all I can think of is that's it's another aircraft that would only increase the amount of time it takes to load my aircraft select thumbnails. That, and it wouldn't look good next to my newer Alphasim, Aerosoft and CLS products.

Still,
I applaud these men for their effort, and I'm thankful that they made this aircraft available.

I completely agree :applause:

Warrant
October 16th, 2008, 08:21
Thanks for the HU:ernae:

Marlin
October 16th, 2008, 21:01
Yep, the guys over at Premier are awesome at what they do, and when I had FS9 I had all of their aircrafts with lots of hours in each of them. If I ever had a problem, they were more than helpful even if the problem really wasn’t with the plane, rather my setup.

I really wish that they would start doing true FSX aircrafts. I can see the products now in my head and I’m drooling.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

maguireted
October 17th, 2008, 10:48
Very nice work. as I would like to do the same ! Regards Anna