PDA

View Full Version : Halifax at Sea Mission Pack for ETO v1.2 released

BeauBrummie
May 19th, 2009, 08:13
The intentions of these missions is to give a little experience of what it was really like for those crews in CC. It has been difficult to marry the evidence of the accounts of CC crews with the vagaries of CFS3. In particular creating open missions with no specific goal (armed reconnaissance) has been a trial, but Led Zeppelin has acheived this and has supplied two. Interestingly it is sometimes the player who finds this a difficult idea. I can only say that for real CC crew experiences, there were many who completed 14 hr patrols without seeing anything hostile. Furthermore there were crews who for the whole of their CC careers never saw a U-boat never mind sink one. However reality has been twisted to fit CFS3 expectations, and you see a U-boat at some point, but sinking it is up to you. .!

I will make one appeal, don’t be too quick to warp as you may miss something of the experience. In LZ’s missions you will miss targets if you warp all the way, so watch the Tac and get ready to cancel that warp.

Testing showed clearly that to survive fighter attacks you have to fly at wave top level otherwise you may lose your flight and/or yourself to them. The Halibag wasn’t as good as the Sunderland or the Liberator at surviving E/A interception.

I found little reference material on Halifax anti-ship missions, so the two in the pack are based on those scanty resources. The tactic of using sea markers to show the way to convoys at night was developed by CC initially for their strike wings and used by all their anti-ship components from ‘44 onwards.

Click the link to my site in my sig and Enjoy

Beau

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x47/BeauBrummie/CC%20Halibag%20missions/th_cfs32009-05-0812-40-04-07.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x47/BeauBrummie/CC%20Halibag%20missions/?action=view&current=409e3606.pbw)

Led Zeppelin
May 19th, 2009, 10:52
I'll download this one asap!

BeauBrummie
May 19th, 2009, 12:06
Sorry mate I thought I'd e-mailed you the set, my apologies:bump:

Led Zeppelin
May 20th, 2009, 09:00
yup but I was not 100% sure it was the latest one!:jump:

BeauBrummie
May 20th, 2009, 10:16
Not to worry, probably best move, I'd probably do that too.