PDA

View Full Version : Buff Update Pics

FAC257
October 15th, 2008, 13:15
This is the first new info I've seen in a while on the CS B-52 project.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/

Panther_99FS
October 15th, 2008, 14:50
Should be big hit for any flight simmers where I'm at :mixedsmi:

flewpastu
October 15th, 2008, 15:36
Man O Man, I gotta keep this one from the wife, I dont care what it costs, If the detail is anything like the CS130 It will be a big seller.

Bill

Railrunner130
October 15th, 2008, 16:00
Ok, I'll be the pessimist. Let's see if they can complete it before we all start foaming at the mouth.

tigisfat
October 15th, 2008, 22:24
Ok, I'll be the pessimist. Let's see if they can complete it before we all start foaming at the mouth.

I'm going to be an optimist: It'll take them LESS than two years to release it. Seeing how it's just a model and CS's attention to detail is epic, I'll be they're REALLY far out. I'm also guessing that since AS's C-17 has been under final build for six months.

simkid22
October 15th, 2008, 23:16
The real question is which will come out first the 727 VC or the BUFF exterior model :icon_lol:

Lionheart
October 15th, 2008, 23:35
Man... Beautiful work on that model. Wish I had 3D Max!!

Speechless....

The gearwell detail is amazing. Nice cuts in the fuse around the NACA ducts and cabin windows.

:ernae: :applause: :medals: :applause: :ernae:

gajit
October 15th, 2008, 23:42
The real question is which will come out first the 727 VC or the BUFF exterior model :icon_lol:

A very good point:mixedsmi:

deimos256
October 16th, 2008, 04:27
Nice but id rather see a Vietnam era variant

Panther_99FS
October 16th, 2008, 04:58
Nice but id rather see a Vietnam era variant

I agree.

It looks like now CaptainSim also won't have a Shark Fin variant....

Henry
October 16th, 2008, 05:02
Should be big hit for any flight simmers where I'm at :mixedsmi:
Ya think? :redf:
H

JIMJAM
October 16th, 2008, 05:27
Dont be afraid to buy it, I will be right behind you:costumes:
CS will not pull another one on me.
They have already violated about every customer service and buisness accepted rule of conduct there are and I am just curios to see what inventive and creative,unexpected way they can infuriate the masses with this release.

deimos256
October 16th, 2008, 05:29
that smooth nose looks so much sexier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:B52D_56-0687.JPG

Panther_99FS
October 16th, 2008, 05:29
They have already violated about every customer service and buisness accepted rule of conduct there are and I am just curios to see how they manage to infuriate the masses with this release.

They will still sell - that's just the way it is.

PMDG with their high prices will still sell also

I have learned this after watching payware since FS2002....:cost1:

Snuffy
October 16th, 2008, 05:35
NICE Forrest!

Thanks for the link!

FLighT01
October 16th, 2008, 09:12
WOW! I've been enjoying the new C-130 a lot over the past 2 weeks.
Now this. Looks like a must have.

deimos256
October 16th, 2008, 09:17
the difference between this and the c-130 is your way more limited to where you can fly it, you could land a c130 on strips this thing couldnt touch

Odie
October 16th, 2008, 10:29
Yep, this one will definitely push me to load out FSX and Accell when I get my new PC! The thing is, I built a new PC on Falcon-Northwest's website a couple of months ago and rechecked the config and price last week and it was significantly cheaper (100's of dollars) so I'm kinda in a quandry as to pull the trigger now or wait for a couple more months.....decisions, decisions !

I grew up (age 5 and going forward) on Panther's current base so the sound of B-52's in the air came naturally! It's my 2nd favorite a/c of all time so it'll get added to my FS hangar. If the detail holds up to CS's other models, it'll pass the eye-candy test for me.

The BUFF soldiers on !:medals:

FLighT01
October 16th, 2008, 11:03
the difference between this and the c-130 is your way more limited to where you can fly it, you could land a c130 on strips this thing couldnt touch

Yep, you got that right, but we're probably a year away from release, (Considering the depth of internal detailing they went into with the 130 the 52 will probably require even more time to develop - hope I'm wrong, however). That will give me time to find locations I can use it out of as well as an 8 lever throttle, LOL. Or are they doubled up in R/L? Need to look into this.

deimos256
October 16th, 2008, 12:56
i think they are 8 seperate levers. Honestly im having too much fun with everything else thats out there right now, this is a long haul plane and I dont dig sitting at a computer chair for anything more than an hour or two, also i think the current versions are ugly, give me a smooth nose and a tailgunner and maybe ill buy it

krazycolin
October 16th, 2008, 13:19
http://www.milviz.com/modeldetail.php?type=2&id=B-52#

Go to the last pic on the right... if you want one bigger, let me know and i'll render it out for you...

deimos256
October 16th, 2008, 13:52
wow, i was right, excellent work, meanwhile i have dug through 60 pages on airliners with no luck

tigisfat
October 16th, 2008, 19:06
holy cow. I wonder who paid them for that B-1B to be made, or if they made it just because.

Panther_99FS
October 16th, 2008, 19:15
holy cow. I wonder who paid them for that B-1B to be made, or if they made it just because.

You don't want to know the going $$ rate on some models.....

Trust me....:cost1:

tigisfat
October 16th, 2008, 19:50

Actually, I really do. How else would we know what's really going on in our favorite hobby?

Can you give me some examples and prices?

tigisfat
October 16th, 2008, 19:51

Actually, I really do. How else would we know what's really going on in our favorite hobby?

Can you give me some examples and prices? Believe it or not, I've actually thought about forking over a few thousand to have

tigisfat
October 16th, 2008, 19:51

Can you give me some examples and prices? Believe it or not, I've actually thought about forking over a great deal of money privately to various people because I want an aircraft made and no dev has done it.

Panther_99FS
October 16th, 2008, 19:54
Hmmm...
Do we ever get the real manufacturer's cost of a car?

tigisfat
October 16th, 2008, 20:02
Hmmm...

Actually, yes. There are several websites that can tell you nowadays before you go shopping. Not only that, I sold cars before my current job and I told anyone that would ask. Most people don't ask. It's not a bad place to go with customers, because if they get stupid and want an unrealistic price, you just say no. I actually used that to my advantage with customers who were giving me a hard time. I'd ask them what they thought a fair price was for a vehicle based on delivered, drawback and invoice prices.

If you were to ask me the various values placed on most American autos, I can get REALLY close if you give me the MSRP. The time I spent in the industry noticing patterns has given me a unique talent.

In the worldwide marketplace of today, that's a totally fair question. There shouldn't be any secrets anymore. Cluing us in on what it takes to make an aircraft for mass appeal is a sign of good faith. Shutting us out isn't.

kilo delta
October 17th, 2008, 01:05
Hmmm...

Bugatti Veyron.....400kph supercar.....cost VW €5 million each to build
Sold for €1 million each :d:wavey:

deimos256
October 17th, 2008, 02:35
Its well documented that Sony sells its Playstation 3 for less than its cost to make

Panther_99FS
October 17th, 2008, 04:22
Actually, yes. There are several websites that can tell you nowadays before you go shopping. Not only that, I sold cars before my current job and I told anyone that would ask. Most people don't ask. It's not a bad place to go with customers, because if they get stupid and want an unrealistic price, you just say no. I actually used that to my advantage with customers who were giving me a hard time. I'd ask them what they thought a fair price was for a vehicle based on delivered, drawback and invoice prices.

If you were to ask me the various values placed on most American autos, I can get REALLY close if you give me the MSRP. The time I spent in the industry noticing patterns has given me a unique talent.

In the worldwide marketplace of today, that's a totally fair question. There shouldn't be any secrets anymore. Cluing us in on what it takes to make an aircraft for mass appeal is a sign of good faith. Shutting us out isn't.

Another perfect example of this is CaptainSim. I've heard nothing but complaints about CS over years ranging from price to customer service. But guess what? CS is still in business and going strong.....Why? Because despite all the complaints, people are still purchasing...

If the modeler's, flight dynamicists, painters, etc...charged per hour of development, ....

None of us could afford any payware....

That being said....the vendors charge what the market will pay. PMDG is perfect example. People complain about the price on the one hand, and on the other, they're buying....

Another perfect example of this is CaptainSim. I've heard nothing but complaints about CS over the years ranging from prices to customer support. But guess what? CS is still in business and going strong. Why? Because people are still purchasing...

tigisfat
October 17th, 2008, 10:14
I guess I'll find out soon enough anyway. I'm think about paying to have an aircraft developed and I'm starting with shopping for a model. I'm going to probably end up losing a small fortune, but it may be worth it for something really enjoyable.

Bone
October 17th, 2008, 10:37
I guess I'll find out soon enough anyway. I'm think about paying to have an aircraft developed and I'm starting with shopping for a model. I'm going to probably end up losing a small fortune, but it may be worth it for something really enjoyable.

OK, I'll be nosy and ask: which plane are you thinking about having built?

tigisfat
October 17th, 2008, 19:58
OK, I'll be nosy and ask: which plane are you thinking about having built?

I'll send a PM, but you've probably already figured it out by now because you know what my primary job is.:jump:

michael davies
October 18th, 2008, 01:32
I'll send a PM, but you've probably already figured it out by now because you know what my primary job is.:jump:

I dont know what your job is, but it might be on my list to do

Best

Michael

centuryseries
October 18th, 2008, 03:59
The second from last screenshot shows the toilet covered by a red lid :icon_lol: and the crew bunk near the green air refueling tube in the centre.

Just something to point out very minor but the EVS screens in that last screenshot are slightly the wrong shape according to my photos.

But it does look outstanding and I fully appreciate how big a job that plane is to model. I will never model one again, far too time consuming. :medals:

Bone
October 18th, 2008, 04:57

I'm still waiting to see pic's of that hottie blonde Squadron Commander you have.

tigisfat
October 18th, 2008, 09:12
I'm still waiting to see pic's of that hottie blonde Squadron Commander you have.

she's getting older by the minute, and those looks are fading fast. I'm gonna have to look up older pictures to portray what I'm describing!!:kilroy:

Sedr37
October 20th, 2008, 06:06
This is the first new info I've seen in a while on the CS B-52 project.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/ (http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/)

WOW, great shots, thank you for sharing! Look nice.

I have searched their forum, they say 727 will come first.

Snuffy
October 20th, 2008, 06:13
http://www.milviz.com/modeldetail.php?type=2&id=B-52#

Go to the last pic on the right... if you want one bigger, let me know and i'll render it out for you...

Holy Cow! Those are amazing! :isadizzy:

redrooster
October 20th, 2008, 15:40
If ever there was a motivation for me to get FSX...
I wonder if they will model the lower deck like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/B-52_lower_deck.jpg
I'm guessing they are modeling one of the earlier versions of the B-52H since it shows the tail gun, which I think has been removed from the current ones in service, right?

redrooster

MudMarine
October 20th, 2008, 16:10
This is one I've been waiting for for a long time! I was blown away by the 52 that landed at MCAS Cherry Point when I was there. The General wanted one at his airshow and he got it!:d He also got some nice "dents" in his runway where the beastie touched down!:costumes:

Jetmechanic
October 22nd, 2008, 14:59
It's funny that the CS thread is for the B-52 D .I dont see any pics posted from Captian sim for the D model just the H model. So the questions is. IS there going to be a B-52 D? And how long will it take for the B-52 to be out? So i can plan my money accordingly

Panther_99FS
October 22nd, 2008, 15:45
It's funny that the CS thread is for the B-52 D .I dont see any pics posted from Captian sim for the D model just the H model. So the questions is. IS there going to be a B-52 D? And how long will it take for the B-52 to be out? So i can plan my money accordingly

I don't think we'll see a "D" model from any developer at the moment... :frown:

Aircow
January 20th, 2009, 01:11
Hopefully someone besides Captain Sim will do the 130. If the products works then all is well. If you have any issues, especially if you need to reinstall it at some point, Captain Sim will be of no help. Thier customer is the worst ever. It's too bad, as I agree thier products are phenomenal, but none the less, I won't do business with them until they are a bit more supportive of those who have kept them in business.

I have two Captain Sim products that are useless to me, the yak and the 104. I also have the Mig 21 and the Legendary 727 and 757 pro pack and I enjoy them alot....I just hope I never help with them.

Nick C
January 20th, 2009, 04:40
Hopefully someone besides Captain Sim will do the 130. If the products works then all is well. If you have any issues, especially if you need to reinstall it at some point, Captain Sim will be of no help. Thier customer is the worst ever. It's too bad, as I agree thier products are phenomenal, but none the less, I won't do business with them until they are a bit more supportive of those who have kept them in business.

I have two Captain Sim products that are useless to me, the yak and the 104. I also have the Mig 21 and the Legendary 727 and 757 pro pack and I enjoy them alot....I just hope I never help with them.

Just to add balance, I've always found them very helpful. Did you sign up to the SOH forum just to post about the C130 in a thread about the Buff? :engel016:

Edit: Sorry, I now see that you posted about CS in the FS2004 forum in order to "get the word out". Thanks for that.