PDA

View Full Version : The preventions of cancer

Lionheart
May 12th, 2009, 13:25
Hey guys,

Having lost a friend to cancer, and now my brother being diagnosed yesterday for a 'thing' on his brain filled with fluid, and being a prayer warrior who prays every morning for the total destruction of cancer, I was just thinking.

What if some of the components that cause cancer are chemically related. One of the things I think we would have to do is make such substances illegal concerning food and fluids intake.

This is a huge step. This is one that billion dollar corporations that prosper from concerning such things, would have to deal with, and thus would probably be a huge obstacle concerning making humanity safe from things that can kill us.

You look at what happens when lettuce in Mexico is contanimated with ecolli bacteria. It kills perhaps 5 people, and the government stops all shipments of the produce, shuts down some restaurants. Businesses that use that product are shut down until it is stabilised.

Concerning third world countries, (speaking of this). The international community has been doing soil testing in such countries as India, Mexico, and other such countries, who do not regulate and monitor dumping of waste materials into the land. Such poisons can go into the water tables (underground water sources inside of large land areas away from sea shores, tapped by wells, and are sources for peoples main drinking supplies). Some locations have even found mercury and other such deadly poisons. Mercury does not leave the human body.

To really get into the possibilities of poisoning of humanity (and pets for that matter, as well as cattle and fish), use of plastic containers (certain plastics at least, as well as coated papers and foils could be inherently dangerous. For instance, they have found that all alsheimers patients have a coating of aluminum on the base of their brain stem. For some odd reason, this material builds up right there. Now Aluminum is a very oxidizing material, which means is sheds its surface continuously, and we use this to cook in, can our beverages (and beer) in, store huge premade foods and fluids (like grape juice) in massive vats made of shiny aluminum...

Is humanity ready to make world wide steps and measures to get rid of cancer? Are we ready to take the necessary steps, such as extreme law inforcement of dumping of chemicals by industries in third world countries that export tons of beef, vegetables, etc? Are we ready to find alternate ways of packaging that will deter the buildup of Aluminum in our bodies? Are we ready to look at what we eat on a daily basis and make judgement calls on what we put into our bodies?

Imagine that huge corporation that makes nutrasweet, being told they can no longer make it for human (or animal) consumption. Thats billions of dollars a year in diet drinks. Can we combat such a machine that produces such a chemical for human consumption? Is the President able to combat such forces of monetary based goals?

I think the time has come to start acting as a world 'united' towards health. But its a time where we will have 'birth pangs'.. Some serious pain..

Wood vats instead of aluminum vats. Other sweetners instead of nutrisweet based sweetners.

Can we endure such a trade that we might live longer, healthier lives?

I think we could, but it would mean legal measures.....

Bill

jhefner
May 12th, 2009, 13:52
Bill;

Your motives are noble; but I think you will find the "law of unintended consequences" played out over and over; resulting in a zero sum game.

Case in point: Asbestos. Back when the news came out that asbestos caused cancer; schools and other buildings were shut down while floor tiles and siding that had asbestos in it was ripped out; possibly releasing some of it in the air. Labs (including one that I worked at for awhile) made money testing thousands of samples; while the companies that made abestos went out of business.

Then, it was determined that in some cases; it was best to leave the material in place, and cover it instead. All that money spent testing and removing it in some instances was was wasted, and more asbestos dust may have been released in the air than had they left it alone.

The World Trade Center towers had the asbestos removed it from it's beams and was not replaced; which caused them to collapse after the attacks on 911. (At least that is my understanding.)

Now it is believed that it is the combination of inhalation of asbestos fibers and smoking that is deadly.

In the cases you mention; while aluminum can be easily replaced; some folks may replace nutrisweet with real sugar, resulting in a rise in obesity and heart attacks. Many chemicals we consume in food are preservatives and growth hormones; removing them completely could result in food shortages, rising prices, and starvation.

The end result - the ones that will benefit the most will be trial lawyers and the government; not ordinary citizens.

IMHO.

-James

Sascha66
May 12th, 2009, 13:57
Lionheart, I am sorry to hear that.

IMO you are entirely right, but I have no great hope for anything happening in our lifetime. Just look at smoking and how long it was denied that it causes cancer. Then the large companies pay damages and people just go on smoking these days...

Lionheart
May 12th, 2009, 14:11
It would be awesome if we found a cure, at least, that would take out these cancers.

I am still not totally sure its chemically related. I am not a chemical biologist though. I only know I want these many faces of cancer destroyed...

I remember an episode of Star Trek, Enterprise. A woman from a certain world was beamed aboard for medical attention. One of the things she had was a large amount of cancer. It was going to take a long 6 hours (I think it was) to get it all out of her system because there was so much.

In the series, it was totally curable.

Makes me think of Jules Verne with his vision of a future with wild propulsion systems, ships that go to the moon, etc. Star Trek has become like a sort of 'visionary' journey. Imagine being able to get cancer out of you in an hour to an afternoon... What an awesome thing that would be.

When I pray to God for the destruction and desomation of the desease, I also pray that no one can hold back the cure.

You think about it. Probably billions of dollars goes into cancer research. What if a cure came out tomorrow at noon. Would that person or team that discovered it 'disappear'???

What if the chemical of the cure were simple and was a mix of basic elements such as corn, (used alot in some medicine mixtures), oregano, some leaf in the Amazon, and some Cod liver oil, but the groups that manufacture the cure want to sell it for thousands in the treatments so they can make as much money as possible?

What if.... What if the cure was so simple, we could hand out recipe's and we could actually make it ourselves..?

If only...

Oh to dream...

Bill

stiz
May 12th, 2009, 14:18
Wood vats instead of aluminum vats. Other sweetners instead of nutrisweet based sweetners.

but then you have termites, rotting, lice etc

I think that no matter what people do to "improve" things, the sceintist will find something with it that will kill you.

I also dont think drugs are the answer, sure some help, but they dont work for everyone and even then they only treat the symtoms, not the cause.

I've known a few people with cancer, one was an althlete, he got lung cancer which cost him one of his lungs and severaly damaged another. This chap did everything "right", good diet, plenty of exercise, no drink etc but he still got it, and still goes to the gym everyother day. I also agree with what he says "theres no point being obsessive with health, eat right, exercise, dont over work, then just enjoying life for what it is, and not let your wife talk you into going on a coach trip!"

:engel016:

tigisfat
May 12th, 2009, 14:32
Wanna prevent your own cancer?

Stay away from airplanes. Most pilots have skin cancer on the faces from staring out cockpit windows, and most guys around them on the ground are exposed to seriously evil fluids.

My small shop has several people (young guys under 30) diagnosed with aggressive cancers per year and I could use both hands to count our deceased over the years.

Piglet
May 12th, 2009, 20:53
What if some of the components that cause cancer are chemically related

What if they're not?
What all this comes down to, is that there will allways be something out there bad for us, whether man-made or natural.
It's OK to daydream, or even pray to your god of choice(who may have created cancer in the first place), but don't expect utopia overnight.

This reminds me of a chat I had a few nights ago, concerning technology and gov't, or tech inspite of gov't. (Gov't help can be a two edged sword):
We talked about how it would be great if Los Angeles, or similar, was solar powered. But that solar farm would be a big as L.A. And the same eco's that would demand such farm will not allow it to built anywhere. Enviro impact and all. Some day, the average joe will be able to to the local Home Depot Cheapo, plunk down $200, and walk out with a rooftop solar panel kit that will really meet all his power needs. Yes the technology needs advancing, and the best way to do that is for government to get out of the way.
No more micro management, petty regulation, or contrived ways of taxing everthing to death. Ony then will the average joes, by the million, go solar. The first computers were millions of dollars, and filled entire buildings. Now look at what we are using to post on this site.
Jusy my take on this

txnetcop
May 13th, 2009, 03:16
My closest friend worked for Swearingen Aircraft since the early 60s working with all kinds of hazardous materials. He retired in the 80s and is still kicking today. Now he builds ultra-lights. It's like he says, "short of heavenly intervention, we are all gonna die of something, might as well enjoy what we do." Besides, the last thing I want is more big government involvement. They foul up more than they fix...i.e., asbestos debacle and soooooo many others!
Ted

David_L6
May 13th, 2009, 06:03
Anyone can help. http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

cheezyflier
May 13th, 2009, 06:51
when my mom died of cancer i talked to the doc. the way he explained it, cancer is a cell mutation of a nature that, according to him, it's odd that ALL cells don't turn cancerous.

Piglet
May 13th, 2009, 22:44
Headlines, July, 2043
Oat Bran, the Silent Killer.
Officials today warn......

Lionheart
May 14th, 2009, 07:40
when my mom died of cancer i talked to the doc. the way he explained it, cancer is a cell mutation of a nature that, according to him, it's odd that ALL cells don't turn cancerous.

It is a mystery.

One doctor was telling me that some cancers that are fluid like in pockets (liquid cysts?) are difficult to remove as you need to get every single cell in that matter. They have since developed ways to pull (vacum) the thing into a tube and pull it free, leaving nothing behind. Solid ones are a different matter though.

I have been also hearing alot about how people are healed supernaturally. The things totally disappear. Doctors (some) suggest getting into prayer groups and results are quite good. Some cool stories from Andrew Wommack on this form of healing. (Google him for his website, in the Extra's section he has some cool stories).

Thanks Ted (Snuffy) for the info on herbal meds that can deter this monster. Good to know.

Bill

GT182
May 14th, 2009, 08:18
Sorry hear that Bill, and my thoughts are with him. I hope it's removeable.

I stiil say a lot of cancers are caused by the additives put in our foods, or added thru the fertilizers makes them grow better. And that's on top of the hazardous crap out there.

tigisfat
May 14th, 2009, 08:27
No Doctor will tell you that prayer will be detrimental to your healing, but likewise no doctor will tell you that praying has been proven to help cancer. To suggest such is absolutely rediculous. If a doctor tells you to get into a prayer group you need to get youtr money back. Plenty of people will tell you to pray, and their consult is free.

Lionheart
May 14th, 2009, 08:31
Sorry hear that Bill, and my thoughts are with him. I hope it's removeable.

I stiil say a lot of cancers are caused by the additives put in our foods, or added thru the fertilizers makes them grow better. And that's on top of the hazardous crap out there.

Yep..

Just car fuel alone. We do not realise this, but the human skin can absorb things. Fuel can go right into your bloodstream by soaking your hands in it. When I was fiberglassing car bodies, I would clean my hands several times a day in MEK, (methyl ethyl keytone). Extremely bad. Somedays I would literally come home 'drugged up' from the various chemicals (like MEK) from doing car bodies. MEK will go straight through the skin and into the blood stream. Bondo dust can go into your lungs. The brain runs on oxygen, so I can imagine some of that gets in there as well.

The guy that made 'hydrogenated' additives was the same guy that made engine coolant. He was always perplexed as to the reason why coolant was sweet and figured out ways to incorporate similar compounds into foods. Some butter and other processed foods (that taste really good by the way) will have hydrogenated components in them. This has been found to be very bad for the human body. Tastes great, but horrific on the body on a cellular level.

So perhaps a cure is the 'best' way to go for now, and start cleaning up the world in the mean time. (What alot of work that would be... ) At least we have started that path with things like asbestos.

Oh, reminds me. There was a special on 20/20 one evening on a small town that had an air force base there. They had a squadron of F-16's and they ran a certain fuel. The entire town developed one particular sickness. I cannot remember what it was, but it was bad. Kids were getting it as well as the guys that worked at the base. They figured the fumes and airborn releases from the jets may be causing the entire community to be getting this sickness.

We just dont realise sometimes how much some little thing will effect our bodies...

Bill

Odie
May 14th, 2009, 13:23
As part of a prevention package, regular checkups and early detection are very instrumental.....at least in my case.

In 2007, a routine blood work-up turned up an elevated CEA count. This is the count they use to detect colon cancer. It wasn't real high, but high enough that since I was over 50 years old, my doctor had me undergo a colonoscopy exam.

Saved my life.

They found literally dozens of polyups in my colon and ended up removing 98% of it.

So, every year I have a colonoscopy since I seem to be prone to growing these things at will. I believe the recommended time-frame for colon checkout is one every three years if you're over 50. Is it a fun procedure? Well, they actually knock you out for the procedure, but the day-before prep isn't fun.

Still, my experience has made a believer out of me in early detection and you can't detect if you don't have it looked at.

Chacha
May 16th, 2009, 21:42
Prevention of cancer.... Eating healthy:guinness:, Physical exercise:running:, good rest:sleep:, positive attitude:icon_lol:, regular check ups.... and Faith:engel016:!

Eli

FengZ
May 16th, 2009, 22:21
there is definitely something in our (US) foods. Having lived and traveled all over Asia for the past 3 years (and almost every other continents), it makes you realize how over-weight Americans are. You just don't see many over-weight people in the rest of the world. And it's not because they are poor, or don't eat much per serving....trust me, the foods in asia are plentiful and yummy.

i remember walking around in a mall last year in the States, and couldn't spot a single "fit" person. Everyone was over-weight...even the kids. I think i ended up spotting one fit lady in the parking lot.

it has to be something in the foods we eat here in the US. We put a lot of preservatives and other chemicals into our foods here. If you look at Europe or Asia, a lot of food is actually bought fresh daily (our fridge in Singapore is never over-stocked, just fresh meat and veggies for one or two meals; and we rarely buy imported "american" junkfood cuz they are soooo expensive). I think the combination of fresh food + expensive imported junk food, keeps the rest of the world fit.

check this out: it's an interesting chart:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity

notice how it spills from the US, down to mexico, and over to Europe.

i believe these same chemicals are responsible for cancers and other nasty diseases. Humans are not designed to consume large amounts of chemicals....

-feng

Chacha
May 16th, 2009, 23:06
I agree with you, Feng, 112%.... I was born and raised in an Asian country, my Dad was from Hawaii, mom was Asian, we bought meat from the fresh market - fresh, where they have been just butchered, we went to the meat place real early in the morning say 6am... We got our eggs daily from the chicken farm, and the chickens are not frozen as well, we ate fish just caught from the sea or the fish pond (Of course we cook them). We have a small garden at the backyard and harvest family daily consumption from the small garden. I miss that life, and when I came here in the US of A, life was on the fast lane, microwavable frozen dinner, fillet chicken, fillet fish, frozen meat, no eggyolk eggs, decaf, skim milk, diet soda, sweeteners, flavored water, slimming pills, and many more. Whew, that i think contribute to a lot of health issues.

Eli :running:

wombat666
May 17th, 2009, 04:10
Having just recently beaten 'Jimmy Dancer' (we Aussies have a macabre sense of humour) for the present I believe almost anything can be 'proven' to be carcenogenic, from Tobacco to Bacon ....... the 'Experts' come up with test result after test result and IMNSHO they can be interpreted to suit any opinion.

In my case, a non-smoker, healthy diet, very little alcohol, a daily run/jog of up to 10 kilometres, etc, all the 'right' things, most of which have been part of my life for 50 odd years.

Certain factors that relate to Cancer have been soundly proved and should not be ignored, many industrial chemicals, UV, both natural and artifical (Australia has a huge number of skin cancer cases!), Asbestos, poor diet and lack of exercise are all relevant, but the one most often overlooked is 'Family Genetics'.
My Grandfather died as a result of Stomach Cancer, my Father from Prostate Cancer, on my Mother's side her Father and Brother fell to Lung Cancer, her Mother to Colon Cancer, and so it goes.

And to be honest, there will be no 'Magic Bullet' Cure for Cancer in the future, it runs a poor second to 'other' spending in areas that are not needed.
:kilroy:

Navy Chief
May 17th, 2009, 05:15
Bill, I am so sorry to hear of your brother's illness. I really do hope he can get better.

I too, have used methyl ethyl keytone in the past, while working on USN aircraft. It was the only chemical that would melt/wash away the corrosion prevention compound we used on the ducting. Only reason to do that, mainly, was for the inspectors to see the shiny ducting......... I don't even want to know the long term effects of having been exposed to that chemical.

NC

wombat666
May 17th, 2009, 07:53
I too, have used methyl ethyl keytone in the past, while working on USN aircraft. It was the only chemical that would melt/wash away the corrosion prevention compound we used on the ducting. Only reason to do that, mainly, was for the inspectors to see the shiny ducting......... I don't even want to know the long term effects of having been exposed to that chemical.
NC

Not very nice to have in one's system at all!
MEK is more or less banned from any general use these days.
:kilroy:

magoo
May 17th, 2009, 08:28
Broccolli.

Eata ton of broccolli.

When the whites of your eyes and your skin begins to turn green, just tell everyone it's a cancer preventative measure.

Lionheart
May 17th, 2009, 09:45
Broccolli.

Eata ton of broccolli.

When the whites of your eyes and your skin begins to turn green, just tell everyone it's a cancer preventative measure.

Same with Carrots. They contain Carotene which is said to be an extreme cancer fighting agent. Makes your skin orange though, which I think can kind of look like a tan. :d

Bill

Chacha
May 17th, 2009, 10:10
Something in these seeds prevent cancer:

http://www.apricotseedresources.com/

http://www.apricotseeds.com.au/stop-cancer-spreading.html

mustard seed: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=106

nuts & seeds : http://www.veghealthguide.com/nuts-seeds.html

Eli :engel016:

Snuffy
May 17th, 2009, 10:25
There is this:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancer_information/doc.aspx?viewid=0E5B4097-610C-4A49-844F-D935F1D7BB07

Can be bought here:

http://www.healthresources.net/itemdy00.asp?t1=Super-CoQ10

cheezyflier
May 17th, 2009, 12:21
IMNSHO

it's embarrasing that i am such a web weenie. i knew what that was right away :redface:

Prowler1111
May 17th, 2009, 12:26
Mi mom got breast cancer, it was discovered last year and today is one year exactly since her mastectomy, they found it early, removed all that was needed to be removed, mom spent 6 months under chemiotherapy.Now she has not traces of cancer (even as she still have 4 more years of observation to face), but, she never had any illness, drank every veggie juice that came up, no preservants,craves on brocolli and a huge ect.So, as it is, for me at least, cancer is a bad hand in the poker of your life, nothing can prevent you from it, but you can defeat it.Back in the 80īs if was a dead sentence, these days itīs an almost even fight.
Prowler