PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

mariereid
May 11th, 2009, 10:53
My real name is Rick, sorry, I am not a woman. I am 58 and retired. I have been messing around with CFS2 for about a year. I have zero computer skills. I am amazed when something I download and intsall shows up in the game. I am starting to get the hang of it. I noticed a new fella from England, I believe, who is 13 yrs. old. Wow, he sounds like he knows how to handle a computer. I just wanted all of you to know how great it is to have a place like this to turn to. Thank you all for all the effort and time you put in to this hobby. The only way I will be able to help out is with donations. I will be very happy to do this. Thanks, again,for making life a little more interesting. Now, let`s see if I can send this. See ya, Rick

pointy31
May 11th, 2009, 11:07
Ya did good Rick, and welcome to the Outhouse. In my humble opinion, this is the best place on the web, bar none...and if you get tired of getting shot at, come on over to the FS2004/FSX forums. There is a wealth of knowledge here, all you gotta do is ask...:ernae:

hellcat44
May 11th, 2009, 11:28
We haven't had a woman here in quite a while Rick...but still you snd like my kind of gal. :icon_lol: Welcome aboard!
BTW...like pointy said,,, plenty of help here...don't be afraid to ask.

Jaxon
May 11th, 2009, 11:41
Indeed it is!

The mixture of old & young here mixed together is a valuable thing and has several times proved this with extraordinary outputs!

So you don`t have experience with PC? Well, you managed to find us and post here. So you are able to ask the crowd. You will definately love this forum and will spend a certain amount of time here from now on, hehe..

Welcome to the Outhouse!
:wavey:
:ernae:

gedm
May 11th, 2009, 12:02
Dont feel bad, when I got here all I knew was how to turn on the computer and now after a couple years hanging around here I finally learnt how to turn it off!! :isadizzy:

Seriously, You can get answers to most any question, all you got to is ask..but if you've been hanging around a year already you prolly all ready know that.

G

SPman
May 11th, 2009, 16:41
What!
After coming here you turn the computer off!

miamieagle
May 11th, 2009, 20:00
I recommend for you to read this post from its first page to it last page. It has a list of Websites dedicated to this Sim and it also has many tips on how to expand your enjoyment through this Sim.

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya...1117604819/all (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1117604819/all)

If you have any questions please come back here to this forum and we as a community will help you along!

Watch you six and enjoy to its maximum.

P.S. One word of advice. Go slow with the addons since if you add to many addons at the same time. It may corrupt the program. Another advice IS to make a copy of your CFS2 on a external Hardrive just in case your CFS2 ever stop working or gets corrupted. This way you can fix it much easier than having to starting all over again!

Good luck and Enjoy!:wavey:

hewman100
May 12th, 2009, 01:40
Welcome Rick! You know you've really arrived when you've been Miami-ed

Remember: The only stupid question is the unasked one.

Enjoy!

PomBee
May 12th, 2009, 03:43
Welcome aboard, Rick. I can tell you that it's great to be a part of this ever-expanding community of knowledgeable and helpful enthusiasts.
I agree with Hewman100, if in doubt, ask. Someone will know the answer and be more than happy to help.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

Dirtman
May 12th, 2009, 05:03
Lard Tunder'in Geeesus Bye! ...... anudder Kanadian joins us here in da "basement". :canada:

Rick; you've found probably the friendliest place on the internet! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Welcome to the Asylum! ...... don't forget to take yer Prozac :mix-smi:

:d :d :eek:

But seriously: I wandered in here one day almost 4 years ago. I wuz a total computer virgin, knew where the "on" switch was & how to put the CFS2 disk in the drive & that's about it. (sound familiar?)

I read the threads & learned allot from some very smart people; plus have met a few very good new friends.

This is the busiest CFS2 forum that I know of ..... the "Centre of the CFS2 Universe" is what I call it.

TARPSBird
May 12th, 2009, 09:55
Rick, welcome to the Outhouse! :wavey:

Shadow Wolf 07
May 12th, 2009, 11:15
Welcome aboard Rick. :ernae: Don't be shy to ask whatever questions you may have. We were all Newbies once. :kilroy: