PDA

View Full Version : Fairey Albacore

baldy
May 9th, 2009, 00:02
Hi

Watchdog asked me if I was going to revamp my old ( very average ) version of the Albacore - well the answer to that is 'no' because it was easier to start again from scratch.

So far I have completed the main model, redone the panel ( still minimalist ) and done one of my basic paint-jobs. There are still the vc and lod models to do.

Considering the problems Ickie and the team are having I have offered this model as Donationware ( if Ickie thinks it's up to scratch )

I'd like to upload some screenies but no-go at the moment.

The moving bits include pilot's windows, rear gun position and folding wings so I hope it will be seen as an improvement on my other attempts.

cheers

baldy

hewman100
May 9th, 2009, 02:14
Will the texture mapping be significantly different?

I just thinking about UncleTgts wonderful schemes. If they will need redoing you should get in touch with him and do an all-inclusive package.

It would certainly be worth paying for.:applause:

baldy
May 9th, 2009, 03:26
Totally different as it is a completely new aircraft - so if you're reading this UncleTgd drop me a line.

baldy

watchdog22
May 9th, 2009, 16:52
Great news Baldy! Donationware is fine by me :jump:

baldy
May 10th, 2009, 01:36
Uncle Tgt has agreed to do the skin and I've done the multi-res and vc so it should be ready soon

baldy

baldy
May 11th, 2009, 11:53
Just a little update - Uncle Tgt is progressing with the skin and I've done an AI model as well

baldy

hewman100
May 12th, 2009, 01:30
This is going to be fantastic. :jump::jump::jump:

UncleTgt
May 12th, 2009, 02:16
... there's no substitue for a good warm up man ...:jump:

Quick update where I'm at ... :icon34:

panel work pretty much sorted now

- next on to the camo schemes ...

... then some weathering.

Lastly, some markings

Hey presto! Template done -

rinse & repeat for different versions.

I'll post some screenies soon as we're able.