PDA

View Full Version : Now this is cool.. Anti-Anger...

Lionheart
May 8th, 2009, 21:48
Hey guys,

Jess Lambert (SkyUnlimited Sim Group) just showed me this...

The president of Interstate Batteries did a cool commercial that stresses love and fights the anger that we sometimes find our selves in, like in road rage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIc3wUo6arQ

Thanks Jess.

Bill

Chacha
May 9th, 2009, 05:03
Hey Bill & Jess,

Thanks for sharing, I really need this.... right NOW! I just wanted to squeeze someones neck (pardon the graphics) the other day, I dont like to go to the details why, but I was so upset, mad and almost in road rage, that I will do something MY WAY... (the hard old fashioned way - Driving across the country instead of flying with a child!)

It is good to see people like the PRESIDENT of Interstate Batteries make a real inspiring commercial like this one. God is Love and Love makes the world go round! :engel016:

Eli

Snuffy
May 9th, 2009, 05:07
Thanks for sharing! :ernae:

Cerberus
May 9th, 2009, 09:05
I thought it was a very nice change from all of the commercials I have been seeing lately. I wish I could have seen it on television though. Everything is death, insurance money for death, car insurance, suing some company for asbestos or some type of medication that has been taken off of the market, genital herpes, erectile dysfunction, or some kind of medication with a 20 page list of horrible side effects. The real kicker for my disgust for commercials was the Adultery Dating website that was advertised a few weeks back during prime time. They even help you not get caught by your spouse.

The other day I counted commercials and about 4 every hour were negative aimed at invoking some type of fear or negative thought, and I don’t even want to get started on the national media lol. During a statistics class we learned that when the media reports a suicide the suicide rate in that area goes up for a period of time following the publication. In addition the car accident rate also goes up. By comparing the two increases you can determine what percentage of all car accidents are suicides. With that in mind it makes you wonder what kind of outlet would continue to report the things they know would result in an increase in similar events. I have pretty much become a netflix person myself. No commercials and I pick whatever I like to watch lol.

cheezyflier
May 9th, 2009, 09:52
I have pretty much become a netflix person myself. No commercials and I pick whatever I like to watch lol.

certainly a step in the right direction! in the words of "chip douglas"
somebody's got to kill the babysitter

safn1949
May 9th, 2009, 09:52
Well put for such a young man Cerberus,that's why I don't watch TV anymore. I find it interesting the amount of hatred expressed in the comments left to the video,I mean disagreeing is one thing but these people really went for it. They seem so sad and angry,gee maybe something is missing in their lives.I wonder what.(sarcasm intended)