PDA

View Full Version : Ordinance ID Help

DauntlessDriver546
May 3rd, 2009, 17:53
Hey guys!

I have a friend who has a rocket at home. It is 22 inches long and has six rectangular fins. Anyone can ID this perhaps?

DD

Rami
May 3rd, 2009, 17:55
Sounds like my mother-in-law. :wiggle:

DauntlessDriver546
May 3rd, 2009, 18:01
Sigh.... Rami rami rami....

bearcat241
May 4th, 2009, 08:37
Are you serious!!!...without even posting a photo or drawing! :icon_lol:

DauntlessDriver546
May 4th, 2009, 09:00
I was waiting on him to gimme a piccie...
:bump:

But I can't upload them anyway... it says it failed to upload. :running:

bearcat241
May 4th, 2009, 13:53
I was waiting on him to gimme a piccie...But I can't upload them anyway... it says it failed to upload. :running:

Just upload it to Photobucket or Imageshack and link to it.

dvslats
May 7th, 2009, 02:05
Six fins? Some type of Mortar...

Togo
May 7th, 2009, 12:18
Does it still have the fuse fitted?:pop4:

Dirtman
May 8th, 2009, 07:18
I have a friend who has a rocket at home. It is 22 inches long and has six rectangular fins. Anyone can ID this?

Ahh Geez DD ..... questions like this make me thankful that I live 600+ miles away from ya! (well outside the expected "blast radius") :eek:

Anyhow ..... look on the side of it for markings that say: "Preparation H-E".

This would designate it as a Top Secret, "rectum-seeking" round specifically designed by the CIA for Osama Bin Laden and his Taliban friends.

Originally developed (Project "Ring-Shot") as a special gift for North Korean Leader Kim Jong-il; although the original "seeker head" was much less accurate as he was easier to target because he's such a big a**hole.

I hope you find this info ..... humorous?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

DauntlessDriver546
May 8th, 2009, 18:54
Dirtman... ROFL!!!

I still can't upload pictures... however, I can tell you that the fins are NOT deployable, and there are no markings on it. The projectile was silver before the owner painted it red and white.

The fins are small, long rectangles, and there is no fitting on which to place it on a rifle, so a rifle grenade is out of the question. It seems to be too big to be a rifle grenade anyway. Just... too big... that's what she said... :monkies: :icon_lol:

erufle
May 9th, 2009, 02:12
Anyhow ..... look on the side of it for markings that say: "Preparation H-E".

This would designate it as a Top Secret, "rectum-seeking" round specifically designed by the CIA for Osama Bin Laden and his Taliban friends.

Originally developed (Project "Ring-Shot") as a special gift for North Korean Leader Kim Jong-il; although the original "seeker head" was much less accurate as he was easier to target because he's such a big a**hole.

Now Dusty Butt, I wouldn't go around bragging about being an expert on all things rectum. Or, did you really mean wrecked 'em?:blind:

Dirtman
May 9th, 2009, 04:35
Dirtman... ROFL!!!

I still can't upload pictures... however, I can tell you that the fins are NOT deployable, and there are no markings on it. The projectile was silver before the owner painted it red and white.

The fins are small, long rectangles, and there is no fitting on which to place it on a rifle, so a rifle grenade is out of the question. It seems to be too big to be a rifle grenade anyway.

Yo DD; Email me a pic of it. (you've got my addy) I've got a book describing just about every type of rocket ever made - worldwide - bottle rockets to ICBM's.

Just... too big... that's what she said...

In yer dreams Bro ... more like: "it looks like a penis ..... only smaller"

:d :d :d

(imagine a funny GIF here as usual ..... but I still can't upload them yet)

Dirtman
May 9th, 2009, 04:55
Now Dusty Butt, I wouldn't go around bragging about being an expert on all things rectum. Or, did you really mean wrecked 'em?:blind:

Yo Ed;

I was just repeating what you told me. :rolleyes:

I thought it was designed by some High School Science Teacher geek ..... in Kansas ..... that lives at yer house.... :d :d :d

BTW.. I AM NOT a "tail-gunner" :eek:

Further ..... The line is: "Rectum? ... damn near killed 'um!" :173go1:

Now go take yer meds! :isadizzy:
- ya forgot again .. didn't ya!

TARPSBird
May 9th, 2009, 23:35
Further ..... The line is: "Rectum? ... damn near killed 'um!"
Dirt, if you know the entire joke that goes with that punch line, send it to me via PM! :d Some of my younger coworkers get a kick out of my old off-color jokes, they're new if ya haven't heard them before.

erufle
May 10th, 2009, 07:04
The closest thing to a rocket I ever made with the kids was actually just a little piece of cork stuck into the top of a very thick pint-sized plastic bottle. We generated some hydrogen gas using hydrochloric acid and zinc metal. We did it all underwater so we could trap the hydrogen gas in the bottle. The bottle had two screws threaded through each side side of it so we could ignite the gas by jumping a spark across them. We went outside and set it off with a Tesla coil (static electricity generator). The idea was to shoot the cork up into the air but the whole bottle exploded with a deafening roar. Thank God the kid that shot it off didn't get hurt and eventually got his hearing back. We have no freakin' idea what happened to the cork. Its probably still in orbit. That taught me not to let kids talk me into doing things that could get them hurt.

sc7500
May 10th, 2009, 11:15
Just asuggestion / reminder for ya, Rufe...

Since you live in the country too, I'm assuming you have access to an oxy-acetylene rig...

- Fill a 30 - 50 gallon garbage bag with Acetylene and tie it off.
- Make a "safely long" hanger basket out of kite string and tie it above the baloon knot in the bag.
- place a Target tea Candle in the "basket" portion of the string

Holding the candle AWAY from the bag, light it and let the whole deal go; if the candle stays lit long enough, you'll wake the cheekens in 4 counties when that damned thing goes BOOM ! :pop4:

Just another pre-4th of July tip from your pal, SC
:kilroy:

Dirtman
May 10th, 2009, 11:56
Aww Ed; yer such a science geek!!! But you should have known that hydrogen gas burns so fast that it just explodes; use an oxygen/acetylene mix as SC said because it burns slower ..... never use glass .... try a 1 pint plastic bottle instead.

We have no freakin' idea what happened to the cork. Its probably still in orbit.

Thanks for the info ...... this solved my little mystery.....
FYI: the cork landed in my backyard up here in Toronto ... 2 days later..... :isadizzy: