PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Just Flight Mosquito

RL_201
May 2nd, 2009, 08:37
I just purchased the Just Flight DH Mosquito and have a quick question I hope someone can answer. It involves turning the aircraft on the ground, usually, just using my controllers twist handle does the trick, but not with the mosquito. It uses differential brakes to turn on the ground, which is a pain. Is there anything in the aircraft cfg file that I could change to fix this problem :confused: ?

Tako_Kichi
May 2nd, 2009, 09:04
Normally multi-engined taildraggers use independent engine control for turning (i.e. increase power to the left engine(s) to turn right and vice versa) in conjunction with the differential brakes.

Some also had the tailwheel directly connected to the rudder so that turning the rudder also turned the tailwheel.

If you are not using rudder pedals with toe brakes (which I suspect from your comments) and only have a single throttle it can be difficult to turn these types especially if they only have a castoring tailwheel.

Open up the aircraft.cfg file in Notepad and scroll down to the section and check to see if this line is present:

differential_braking_scale = 1
If it is not there then copy and paste it in place and save the file (with the same name of course).

[B]Note: You will have to make the change to the aircraft.cfg files for ALL the variants.

The above line allows you to apply rudder and then when you hit the brakes only the corresponding brake will be applied which basically gives you the ability to use differential braking without having toe brakes on rudder pedals.

chrisf36
May 2nd, 2009, 09:38
If you want a steerable tail wheel then you must change the contact points of the line below

point.0 = 1, -26.8706, 0, -3.20, 1600, 0, 0.84, 80, 0.3, 2.5, 0.95, 4, 5, 0, 154.88, 159.28

The number you want to change is the 8th one after the =.

Note: This is NOT historically accurate but will make it easier to taxi!

Hope this helps

Chris