PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod Bridges

minuteman10
April 30th, 2009, 13:31
There are 2 major bridges to the Cape here in Massachusetts...the Bourne and Sagamore. They are major span bridges and poorly represented in FS2004. Does anyone know of any add-on scenery that represent them better?

Mick
April 30th, 2009, 14:42
There are 2 major bridges to the Cape here in Massachusetts...the Bourne and Sagamore. They are major span bridges and poorly represented in FS2004. Does anyone know of any add-on scenery that represent them better?

I don't know of any add-on scenery, but that sort of thing is just what programs like Rwy12 or Object Manager are made for. There are libraries that contain various kinds of bridges and surely there must be bridges that look pretty much like the Bourne and Sagamore Bridges; you could just select them and drop them in place. Those programs aren't difficult to learn, and placing single objects like that is about as easy as it gets.

I did something similar when I wanted to add the bridges over the Connecticut River in Western Mass.

minuteman10
April 30th, 2009, 16:08
Great idea Mick. I haven't tried Rwy12, but it looks simple enough.I'll let you know how I make out...Thanks for the suggestion!

Terry
April 30th, 2009, 18:02
Great idea Mick. I haven't tried Rwy12, but it looks simple enough.I'll let you know how I make out...Thanks for the suggestion!

There is a huge collection of bridges in your main scenery/generic/scenery folder listed as bridges.

minuteman10
May 1st, 2009, 09:48
Hi Terry...any idea how I import them into Rwy12 for use?

Terry
May 1st, 2009, 11:36

Sorry no, I use Instant Scenery.

Mick
May 1st, 2009, 15:23

Either Rwy12 or Object Manager (I think it's Object Manager, which is meant to work with Rwy12) has instructions.

Also, if you browse around FlightSim or AvSim scenery library sections you'll find libraries that folks have compiled, including the default scenery libraries packaged up for use with these programs. I know there are a number of bridge libraries, including the default ones.

You probably won't find exact matches for the two Cape Cod bridges, but I'll bet you can come up with something reasonably close.

You can get Object Manager for free at ScruffyDuck Software:
http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/ (http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/)

minuteman10
May 9th, 2009, 11:29
Well...finally got my bridges! In the process, I learned how to decompile and recompile back into a .BGL Also, thanks to Ray Lunning for his "Bridges for Ultimate Terrain FS2004" work. Thanks for your suggestions guys...they have opened up a whole new avenue for me and given me a chance to get my feet wet with some basic scenery work...one thing just seems to lead to the next!

Helldiver
May 9th, 2009, 12:29
Say, Minuteman, when you get the Bourne and Sagamore bridges set, would you let me know? The Cape Cod Canal isn't the same without them. We used to go to the Cape over the Sagamore and return by the Bourne.

minuteman10
May 9th, 2009, 13:40
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9809/grab036.jpgI'll Here's a quick screenshot looking from the Bay....this will only work with Ultimate Terrain and Ray's updates though....

rich12545
May 9th, 2009, 16:12
That looks nice. Perhaps you'd like to post your work on flightsim.com?

Mick
May 9th, 2009, 17:57
That looks nice. Perhaps you'd like to post your work on flightsim.com?

Please do!

I'd love to have those bridges!

Helldiver
May 9th, 2009, 19:31
Those bridges look wonderful. But didn't you forget the railroad bridge?

hubbabubba
May 10th, 2009, 11:16
Nice work MM!:applause:

Actually, you're getting your feet wet building bridges...:kilroy:

I do see irony in all that.:ernae:

minuteman10
May 10th, 2009, 12:36
Here is the rail bridge...not exact,but pretty close...I'm seeking Ray's mission for release. Do they bring back some memories Helldiver?

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4751/grab035k.jpg