PDA

View Full Version : AS365N Dauphin

noddy
April 29th, 2009, 23:20
New from Alphasim

Revealed ! The AS365N Dauphin ! Both FS9 and SP1/SP2 FSX versions will be available, the N1 and N2 variants are covered, both with VIP transport and medevac versions. The FS9 package is complete, the FSX work is ongoing, a few days away. Sounds are included, no 2D.

http://alphasim.co.uk/

CG_1976
April 29th, 2009, 23:34
Nice lookin but no USCG, I mean we the USCG are the largest user of the daulphin for SAR. No Coastie, no cash from me.

BananaBob
April 29th, 2009, 23:58
Can't see the rotor, too light, other than that, looks good but the only helo I've liked from them is the Sea Sprite, that is a well done helo.

CG_1976
April 30th, 2009, 00:22
Yep the Sea Sprite is my faverite AS helo and looks cool in uscg colors, i even have here in uscg full orange scheme.

jeansy
April 30th, 2009, 02:58
i guess i will believe it when i see it released

Matt Wynn
April 30th, 2009, 03:08
oooh it has a greek SAR scheme :icon_lol: that just sealed a purchase by me, if and when it gets released

An-225
April 30th, 2009, 03:20
I wonder, will there be an FSX native version? This is one helo I've been waiting for. It would be a shame not to see it with bump mapping and self shadowing.

euroastar350
April 30th, 2009, 05:50
I see the rotors, but it is very faint. Check out shot number 6 and you'll see the disk. May have to pick this one up, if priced right.

Mithrin
April 30th, 2009, 05:51
Hm, can't say I like the oldfashioned look of the VC, texture wise, but this may be nice for someone who loves the Dauphin.

http://alphasim.co.uk/

If it's cheap I'll probably get it.

gajit
April 30th, 2009, 05:55
Yes - lets hope its a work in progress and that the VC improves.

Dimus
April 30th, 2009, 06:12

I believe it is stated that the pics are from the FS9 version. They sure look like FS9. Perhaps the FSX VC is indeed better.

MCDesigns
April 30th, 2009, 06:18
Looks good to me, I always welcome a new FSX native heli. I just hope it will not be to resource heavy like the other AS helis that have come out lately.

Kiwikat
April 30th, 2009, 06:36

I think what you see might be what you get. It doesn't have the 3D gauges and graphical things that Dan did in the blackhawk, sea sprite, and black shark. (for obvious reasons)

I will let the product speak for itself though now that I am not affiliated with Alphasim.

hews500d
April 30th, 2009, 06:54
It would have been a "no-brainer" to get if it did have 3d gauges, if it's priced right I'll still maybe get it, but if not, I'll pass. Hopefully the FSX VC will look better.

Darrell

gajit
April 30th, 2009, 08:59
I will let the product speak for itself though now that I am not affiliated with Alphasim.

For Alphasim's sake I am very sorry to hear that.

d0mokun
April 30th, 2009, 11:39
Those shots are of the final model, and I believe an FSX version is being worked on currently. Graphics wise, it's not going to change.

Of course, all 'imho'.

CG_1976
April 30th, 2009, 11:55
Does the USCG get proper representing paint with release? As i stated the USCG operates the largest SAR fleet of the AS365.

michael davies
April 30th, 2009, 12:56
Hmm :(.

d0mokun
April 30th, 2009, 14:12
Does the USCG get proper representing paint with release? As i stated the USCG operates the largest SAR fleet of the AS365.

I don't think that the USCG Dolphin is included, due to the amount of different equipment fitted to the aircraft.

Similarly the Panther was omitted for such reasons.

But then that's just going on what I knew of the project- I know nothing more than the public, now.

Suppose I should actually shut up then LOL. :guinness:

CG_1976
April 30th, 2009, 14:48
We dont use panthers. We use the AS365 Dolphin aka HH-65.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/hanger.jpg
And here is a barn full of them at Travers City CGAS.

euroastar350
April 30th, 2009, 15:36
We dont use panthers. We use the AS365 Dolphin aka HH-65.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/hanger.jpg
And here is a barn full of them at Travers City CGAS.

Correction, AS366G1 to be exact:jump:

VCN-1
April 30th, 2009, 15:49
I am really surprised that there isn't a USCG variant.:confused:

VCN-1

CBris
April 30th, 2009, 20:39
Well, there is an Hellenic Coast Guard version. That has the winch modelled. It'll only be a matter of time before some painter gives it the treatment. So I don't think there's any worries for you.

And if no one else, there'll be me. I have been looking forward to another Eurocopter/Aerospatiale build.

gajit
April 30th, 2009, 21:13
Well, there is an Hellenic Coast Guard version. That has the winch modelled. It'll only be a matter of time before some painter gives it the treatment. So I don't think there's any worries for you.

And if no one else, there'll be me. I have been looking forward to another Eurocopter/Aerospatiale build.

Hi Chris

I have been flying around in some of your paints for the great Nemeth EC-135 - good work TX for sharing :ernae:

CG_1976
April 30th, 2009, 21:51
Chris, It would be great to have a USCG paint by you for this helo if they dont put one in. So I may reconsider my purchase thoughts.

CBris
April 30th, 2009, 21:59
Well, I have this thread subscribed, so if I miss the launch, someone give me a shout and I will take a look at the sale page. AS Choppers are almost always of usable quality. I have their Kamovs etc.

tigisfat
April 30th, 2009, 22:43
Agreed. No USCG Dauphine, no money from. It doesn't matter if we beg, plead or protest here anyway, Phil won't be stopping by to read. Almost all US citizens only know the Dolphin as a coastie bird anyway.

d0mokun
May 1st, 2009, 02:46
As I said chaps, there is a Dauphin, but no Dolphin nor Panther. The equipment on both Dolphin and Panther is different inside.

noddy
May 1st, 2009, 04:05
Bit more info from Remi over at AS.

Hi Guys,The AS 365 N Dauphin is on the final lap, some preview shot of the WIP on the AS site

Just some news about this project, to make the point. I've read lot of thing on the sim-outhouse forum about this project, and as I can't register on the forum, I wanted to make the point here to avoid the bad publicity about this model.

So, to be clear:

1 THE TEXTURE ARE NOT THE FINAL VERSIONS. I work actually on the VC to try to improve the render, as all the internal part, external and alpha layer.

2 There's no USCG version because the USCG is not an 'N' version of the Dauphin. It's a very specific version dedicated for the US market, that have a real different shape than the European N, N1 and N2 versions.
And by all saints... There's not only US customers on the FS market, so I can understand that some of them are very desapointed by the fact that there's no USCG version on the package, but they have to understand that the USCG version is not the same chopper than the N version. And the AS package depict the N1 and N2 version, that's all. And not a sort of "I don't care of US customers" from Phil. The evolution from the N version to the USCG one was to complicated to be done on this model.

I know that AS crossing some trouble in its team, but please just let the product speak by itself, because we, as usual, put all our guts in this model to give a great chopper to our customers. And trust me, this one has been a very long walk for Phil and me to make it correctly.

Some picts of the WIP asap

CG_1976
May 1st, 2009, 04:47
<dl><dt>AS365 N1
</dt><dd>Incorporating many of the improvements developed for the SA 366 G1 (HH-65 Dolphin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HH-65_Dolphin)), this version introduced upgraded 526 kW (705 shp) Arriel 1C1 turboshafts, an improved 11-blade Fenestron with wider-cord blades (which reduced the AS365 N1's noise signature), movable undercarridge doors replaced by simplified fairings and a higher gross weight of 4,100 kg (9,039 lb).</dd><dt>Now im stopping myself, not because of AS but because Chris offered a diplomatic solution. Thats more then I can say for AS.
</dt></dl>

d0mokun
May 1st, 2009, 05:08
Trans,

Nobody is disputing the fact that it's an AS365.

The cockpits would have to be different.

michael davies
May 1st, 2009, 08:48
never mind

Mickey D
May 1st, 2009, 09:03
Following the demise of the Aces Team FS itself appears to be becalmed in the Doldrums and ANY new offering is to be welcomed.

BananaBob
May 1st, 2009, 09:04
... :engel016:

michael davies
May 1st, 2009, 09:09

d0mokun
May 1st, 2009, 11:06
Funny thing is, there've been plenty of AS releases that we've all worked on, that have had exactly the same responses as here.

To each his own. It is unfortunate that AS is a black term in some parts but then, equally, there has been plenty of praise for other AS projects.

Lets just hope that this thread can actually come back on track to focus on the Dauphin and not the crappy side politics.

:icon29:

michael davies
May 1st, 2009, 11:22
OK, you win, floors all yours.

Outta here.

Funny thing is, there've been plenty of AS releases that we've all worked on, that have had exactly the same responses as here.

To each his own. It is unfortunate that AS is a black term in some parts but then, equally, there has been plenty of praise for other AS projects.

Lets just hope that this thread can actually come back on track to focus on the Dauphin and not the crappy side politics.

:icon29:

gajit
May 1st, 2009, 11:29
To be honest - if it was a Nemeth production looking like that I would expect to see the same comments to be here about the appearence of the product from those screenshots. Also requests for different versions.

d0mokun
May 1st, 2009, 11:58
:monkies: Enjoy the Dauphin, all.

centuryseries
May 1st, 2009, 12:12
Stick at it Remi, Michael and whoever else is involved you have my full support. Don't let the recently departed spoil what looks like a good chopper. :applause:

If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it!!

Mines an Old Peculiar :guinness:

michael davies
May 1st, 2009, 12:27
Hobgoblin or Old Speckled Hen for me please

Stick at it Remi, Michael and whoever else is involved you have my full support. Don't let the recently departed spoil what looks like a good chopper. :applause:

noddy
May 1st, 2009, 12:47
I'll have a pint of Spitfire, being a Kent lad.

VCN-1
May 1st, 2009, 13:42
Make mine Johnnie Walker Black.

It seems this has turned into a typical AS thread and the product hasn't even been released.:isadizzy:

VCN-1

noddy
May 1st, 2009, 13:50
Yep a shame, maybe it should be closed and we move on to the next thing to bash!

d0mokun
May 1st, 2009, 13:52
Don't let the recently departed spoil what looks like a good chopper. :applause:

See now that's what I don't understand. The 'recently departed' have nothing to do with the adverse comments here- at least not from my recently departed point of view.

All I have said on this topic is what's what. I'm still leading the beta testing and am thus still involved.

Tell you all what, I'll bow out of this topic and go back into the shadows. Not my fight anymore.

Cheers :guinness:

Mithrin
May 1st, 2009, 13:57
Well good to hear from Remi that the textures are still work in progress. I'll await the final screenshots and base my decision to buy it on that. God I love my simple mind. :icon_lol:

All this AS talk reminds me I still have to finish the T-34C vid. I suck at flying that thing. Seventh attempt coming up this weekend.:isadizzy:

Mickey D
May 1st, 2009, 14:07
Old Peculier is my preferred tipple. :guinness: Cheers.

centuryseries
May 1st, 2009, 23:31
See now that's what I don't understand. The 'recently departed' have nothing to do with the adverse comments here- at least not from my recently departed point of view.

All I have said on this topic is what's what. I'm still leading the beta testing and am thus still involved.

Tell you all what, I'll bow out of this topic and go back into the shadows. Not my fight anymore.

Cheers :guinness:

What makes you think my comment was aimed squarely at you Dan?

If the cap fits though........

tigisfat
May 2nd, 2009, 04:36
What makes you think my comment was aimed squarely at you Dan?

If the cap fits though........

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

What are you doing? What exactly did you seek to accomplish with these last two posts? Holy cow, dude. Put your posts away. You're swinging them around wildly and you're not even paying attention. You're going to put someone's eye out.:isadizzy::bump::173go1:

here's this last post of yours: :gameoff:

go to your your room.:blind:

centuryseries
May 2nd, 2009, 06:35
Walker pick up your spanner and go and improve the Bones Mission capable rate or something eh lol :ernae:

Its like the Queen Elizabeth on a friday night in here except the punches fly all day. :173go1:

Txmmy83
May 2nd, 2009, 06:44
Can't see the rotor, too light, other than that, looks good but the only helo I've liked from them is the Sea Sprite, that is a well done helo.
recognized the same with the rotor as you

BR
Tom

jeansy
May 2nd, 2009, 16:59
remi painted a fictitious USCG on the N1 rescue version. this should please some even thou its not the correct bird

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5269/dauphinreportv43.jpg

CG_1976
May 2nd, 2009, 17:33
Remi, Thank you very much and its greatly appreciated:medals:. jeansy, thank you for the Hu and posting/relaying the word.:medals:

tigisfat
May 2nd, 2009, 22:32
Walker pick up your spanner and go and improve the Bones Mission capable rate or something eh lol :ernae:

Its like the Queen Elizabeth on a friday night in here except the punches fly all day. :173go1:

I was just told who you were....I didn't know or forgot you had this screenname.:kilroy::wavey:

:bump:this is my head::pop4:

As long as I jumped into the water without looking, I'd like an American version of a british India Pale Ale, such as the dogfish head 90 minute IPA.:icon29:

centuryseries
May 3rd, 2009, 03:04
No worries lol Here ya go Walker :guinness: get that down ya.

Looks great Remi :ernae:

polygoon
May 3rd, 2009, 06:42
:guinness: How come nobody has mentioned Guiness yet...? :guinness:

Bottoms up-
Norm

tigisfat
May 3rd, 2009, 08:01
:guinness: How come nobody has mentioned Guiness yet...? :guinness:

Bottoms up-
Norm

because Guinness ain't the same everywhere.:sleep:

wilycoyote4
May 3rd, 2009, 09:34
.......................I'd like an American version of a british India Pale Ale, such as the dogfish head 90 minute IPA.:icon29:

hi, my fine fellow, I suggest the Bridgeport India Pale from Portland, Oregon, which may be available in your civilized part of the USA. :guinness:

My local microbrewery has Sockeye Red IPA which isn't distributed beyond Alaska, Washington, and Oregon although you may travel to such remote areas. Drop by and I'll treat you to what you desire. :ernae:
I wonder if these fine British ales mentioned are available locally so I'll check. Thanks for mentioning them, you lot, :icon29: :icon29: :applause:

Well, back to testing an aircraft, to see if I can lend a hand somehow, hand me the small spanner, will you? :medals:

The helo looks good.

gajit
May 3rd, 2009, 11:38
Please tell me that the last screenshot is fs9 and that the FSX version will look more vibrant.

Kiwikat
May 3rd, 2009, 13:21
Please tell me that the last screenshot is fs9 and that the FSX version will look more vibrant.

Based on the water alone I'd think it is FS9.

fsafranek
May 3rd, 2009, 14:27
Helping test this one and the FSX version has yet to be seen. So I would suspect Remi is
painting on an FS9 version. From my experience the textures should look even better in FSX.

Anybody tried Beamish Irish Stout? It's not a bad substitute for Guinness Draught.
:ernae:

gajit
May 3rd, 2009, 14:32
Helping test this one and the FSX version has yet to be seen. So I would suspect Remi is
painting on an FS9 version. From my experience the textures should look even better in FSX.

Anybody tried Beamish Irish Stout? It's not a bad substitute for Guinness Draught.
:ernae:

Thanks Frank