PDA

View Full Version : FSX business license?

PRB
April 28th, 2009, 09:18
What was the name of that FSX based product that MS packaged (and priced) to sell to flight scools? I think it was discontinued, but I'd lke to look it up, just in case it might proove usefull to our team here. We've got to build an engine start simulator (basically) for the F/A-18E/F, which is intended to be used to train maintenance personnel in the correct engine start procedures. After screwing around with various technologies, it started to occur to me that we're trying to build an FS plane with a "cold dark" start capability, but with much more detailed and accurate "features".

djscoo
April 28th, 2009, 09:19
Microsoft ESP

http://www.microsoft.com/esp/

PRB
April 28th, 2009, 09:22
That looks like it! Thanks!
:ernae:

Lionheart
April 28th, 2009, 09:28
Good luck on that Paul. Sounds interesting.

Bill

spotlope
April 28th, 2009, 09:41
lol, djscoo. I used to have several Holgas during my art school years. We loved 'em for their crappy images. Very edgy, very retro, very post-modern. Plus they're just fun.

djscoo
April 28th, 2009, 10:51
lol, djscoo. I used to have several Holgas during my art school years. We loved 'em for their crappy images. Very edgy, very retro, very post-modern. Plus they're just fun.

I have a 35mm one with "bent corner" masking on it and I just ordered a 120 version. I'm just getting into photography and I like the "crappiness" of the pictures they take. I think I'll be getting the "diana" next.:ernae:

Gibbage
April 28th, 2009, 12:26
ESP is no more. That team was let go along with the rest of the Aces team.

Alexraptor
April 28th, 2009, 14:05
Just curious, what is the difference between FSX and ESP?

spotlope
April 28th, 2009, 14:35
FSX is a consumer-oriented, low-cost desktop simulator that's been abandoned by Microsoft. ESP is a commercially-licensed, high-cost simulation platform that's been abandoned by Microsoft.

:)

Bjoern
April 28th, 2009, 15:03
FSX is a consumer-oriented, low-cost desktop simulator that's been abandoned by Microsoft. ESP is a commercially-licensed, high-cost simulation platform that's been abandoned by Microsoft.

:)

Basically: "Same crap, different price"? :d

spotlope
April 28th, 2009, 18:38
I guess there were some differences between ESP and FSX, but I never fully understood what they were. As it stands, it's a moot point.

Francois
April 28th, 2009, 21:53
The main difference was the price ($ 800 vs % $ 70), the fact that you were allowed to sell FSX as PART of your product, and the fact you could 'adapt' parts of the menu system.

But no longer, indeedy !

Lionheart
April 28th, 2009, 22:51
I think $250.00 would have been a much much better, marketable price.

But thats my own thoughts.. What do I know..

<-- goes back to the corner

spotlope
April 29th, 2009, 06:00
Some of the companies MS was targeting with ESP wouldn't be able to tell the difference between $250 and $800 if they were lying side-by-side on a table. ;)

Bjoern
April 29th, 2009, 07:52
The main difference was the price ($ 800 vs % $ 70), the fact that you were allowed to sell FSX as PART of your product, and the fact you could 'adapt' parts of the menu system.

That "menu system" thing would have been nice to have in FSX...

A fully configurable UI, just like for example Foobar 2000 (music player) or Blackbox (Windows desktop replacement).