PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions?

Wildfowler
April 27th, 2009, 08:39
I have started to have a problem running ETO. Runs great then at any time in any screen I get the black screen of death and the computer re-boots.
On occasion I have had a message saying CPU Overheat press F1 to continue.

Any ideas anyone. This does not happen with MAW or OFF.

cristiano103
April 27th, 2009, 09:25
I have started to have a problem running ETO. Runs great then at any time in any screen I get the black screen of death and the computer re-boots.
On occasion I have had a message saying CPU Overheat press F1 to continue.

Any ideas anyone. This does not happen with MAW or OFF.

Hi Wildfowler

Probably ETO stress more the CPU for what concerns calculation power and so the CPU overheat.
The first thing that comes to my mind is to check the heat dissipator of your CPU to see if it is dirty and choked by dust, in that case cleaning it usually solve the problems.

HTH Cheers :ernae: and have always good flting
Cris

popsaka
April 27th, 2009, 11:02
Yeah, listen to Cris... don't let the cpu overheat or you're a dead duck!

Be sure all is square and tight... the heat sink or dissipation device must make a full solid contact w/ the cpu !! If you're in doubt, take it down, clean it right- fresh paste - blow away any and all dirt dust etc etc etc ...and make sure any and all fans are clean and that the 'mobo' isn't throttling them back too soon or(?) hope it helps

Wildfowler
April 27th, 2009, 12:00
Thanks Guys!

I will be cleaning tomorrow!!!

rouge34rtw
April 30th, 2009, 22:41
Clean fans and heatsinks is definitely the place to start. You can use a program like speed fan to manually control fan speeds or to automatically adjust speeds depending on temerature....its a great hardware monitoring tool as well....
download here: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php