PDA

View Full Version : 'Versus IRL Coverage = Excellent'

Panther_99FS
April 26th, 2009, 15:03
If you're not a US based open wheel fan, then there's a good chance that you're unfamiliar with the 'issues' about IRL & Champ Car television coverage over the years since the split.

When it was announced late last year that Versus would take over IRL television coverage, there was quite a bit of doubt in the IRL fan community.

Well after watching the first few Versus covered races, it's my personal opinion that the Versus coverage has been outstanding :applause:. It's a much needed breath of fresh air for the series since arguable before 2000....

Ferry_vO
April 26th, 2009, 15:29
The rotating cameras on top of the cars should be introduced to more racing series IMHO..

Cazzie
April 26th, 2009, 16:32
The rotating cameras on top of the cars should be introduced to more racing series IMHO..

I think so too Panther, I am also glad that VS kept the picture within a picture during ads, I like that. I have always liked VS's bike racing coverage, save the redundant commercials we see four-walled on every sports channel.

Last weeks Long Beach event was exceptional. Kansas is just another cookie-cutter track, it's the track that was blase, not the cars or the race.. My largest complaint with IRL is that they need a larger field at "all" tracks, not just the Indy 500. I'll be going up to see them at Richmond in June.

Caz

Panther_99FS
April 26th, 2009, 16:51
Caz,
You need to check out their pre & post race coverage, it's sensational! :)

smoores
May 7th, 2009, 21:24
Its pretty good, but they don't really do things like showing practice or much of qualifying. I guess I would like to see more of a TV lineup similar to Speed Channel's Nascar coverage.