PDA

View Full Version : Out of the game and on the sideline!

limjack
April 26th, 2009, 13:13
FSX withdrawls and Outhouse withdrawls!!!! Snuck in and got my daughters laptop to see what is going on in the world. My Computer blue screened in a bad way almost two weeks ago. I tried for about a week to fix but the more the blue screen came up the more I wanted to take the computer and throw it out the window. Emotions ran HOT and so I said that is it...its going into the shop. Ever since then I feel much better and blood pressure has come down. Getting lots of yard work done and putting finishing touches on a deck overhaul in the back yard. Computer started the blue screen after a Mcafee update. Not sure what happened but every tool I had to fix the computer nowfunctioned like system restore and even the back up. O-well, will see if they can save it otherwise a clean start.
:ernae:
Jim

N2056
April 26th, 2009, 13:38
Ouch! :isadizzy:

Hope you are back in the game soon!

I am kind of limping along on mine right now...for years I was good about not getting into the whole "tweak-o-rama" thing with FSX. Then, after reading a bunch of posts about defrag programs, I messed with it. Now I have a screwed up hard drive, big performance issues, and I am kicking myself because I had to mess with success. :173go1:

I have no desire to try & repair things at this point since I am close to being able to build a new rig. I can work, and I am thankful for that.

Needless to say I have also spent a lot of time burning DVDs...;)

ColoKent
April 26th, 2009, 19:41
...windows.

K.

harleyman
April 27th, 2009, 00:18
Ouch... I too had a HDD go stupid after using one of those silly defraggers....My entire HDD went red and stayed red forever till I replaced it...

tigisfat
April 27th, 2009, 00:31
I feel the same. I have never even used the Vista service packs because mine works so well.

kilo delta
April 27th, 2009, 05:16
I feel the same. I have never even used the Vista service packs because mine works so well.

By all means use the Vista service packs....or at least SP1.